Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Is West Virginia part of the Bible Belt?

Is West Virginia part of the Bible Belt?

Posted - August 22, 2017

Responses

If it's not, it sure should be.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 10, 2017 12:14 PM MDT
      August 22, 2017 8:02 PM MDT

You forgot this:

White ghetto belt.
      August 23, 2017 3:30 PM MDT

A.   WHITE GHETTO BELT
    •   Obese belt
    •   Homohater belt
    •   Uneducated belt
    •   Racist to the hilt belt
    •   Food Stamp belt
    •   Drug and alcohol belt but only the cheap rotgut
    •   STD belt
    •   TRUMP belt

Let us not forget TRUMP belt....

August 23, 2017 3:40 PM MDT

So many belts...so little time.
      August 23, 2017 5:29 PM MDT

• If they favor trump they do have a redeeming feature. It is terrible to stereotype anyone. Do you like to be stereotyped in the same manner? Of course not. Here is another double standard. 
      August 29, 2017 6:45 PM MDT

Dunno.
    According to this site, no.
    https://www.quora.com/What-states-make-up-the-Bible-Belt

According to this site, partially?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Belt
      August 22, 2017 9:42 PM MDT

It can't be...incest isn't allowed according to the Bible. (Except for Adam and Eve's family.)
      August 23, 2017 3:33 PM MDT

Im not sure. All i know is i live right smack in the middle of it. In fact, there are three Bare Foot Bible Baptist Churches just a few miles from me and Im not even sure if you have to wear shoes to attend. ;+
      August 23, 2017 5:32 PM MDT

• I have never been there, so I am not certain. I know some people in Kentucky, and that is close. It seems to be in the Bible Belt. my friends there are all atheists, as I am. One girl was a christian, but we convinced her that atheism is more logical. 
      August 29, 2017 6:41 PM MDT

• It is good to overcome the brainwashing Christians usually receive. You did a very good deed. 
      September 2, 2017 2:23 PM MDT

• Thank you for helping me overcome it.

September 17, 2017 2:38 PM MDT

"Almost heaven...

Yes, I think so. I've been thru Wheeling, WV a few times. It's quite remarkable how different things become the second you cross the border from Ohio. It's scary, intimidating being suddenly surrounded by pick-up flatbeds. The guys all look like lumberjacks. They know when an outsider is among them. They stare. I had to stop at a gas station for a pee one time. It was the quickest piss of my life. I didn't wash my hands. I felt like I had to get out of there...QUICK!!!
      August 29, 2017 7:04 PM MDT

Quote: "I had to stop at a gas station for a pee"

Boy, you ain't from around here, r ya. Got woods fer that. I could understand stopping fer a dump, if'n ur a softy anyways. lol
      August 30, 2017 4:02 AM MDT

• I have been there some. I have a maternal cousin in Huntington, West Virginia. It is a dull place with few possibilities compared to those to which I am accustomed. At the Marshall University library, a librarian said someone complained when I watched a video on Youtube that has beautiful Japanese Idol Kumada Yoko in a one piece swimsuit. That was a shock. Local swimming pools and parks have girls in bikinis. Such prudishness is a symptom of the Bible Belt. My cousin was shocked when he learned that I am an atheist. I never told him, but he saw some of my chats on Facebook. He fear I will go to hell. I just try to change the subject. My experience indicates that Huntington is in the Bible Belt with hypocrisy and the usual double standards. 
      August 31, 2017 2:42 PM MDT

• We do not LACK belief. Lack indicates a need for something that is not present, but there is no need for false beliefs. Absence of belief is the way to describe us. "Greater reality"? No, just primitive fantasy is what believers have. It is much less than Reality, not a "greater reality". I have far more knowledge than anyone who believes crude primitive fiction is true. I evaluate Christianity Objectively and Logically. I am a genius with the highest IQ in my high school's history. Galileo advanced knowledge some, and the church did not want that. This post was edited by my2cents at September 17, 2017 2:40 PM MDT
      September 2, 2017 3:35 PM MDT

Here is a quote from "atheists.org"---Atheism is one thing: A lack of belief in gods.

Are you implying that there a schism brewing among atheists?---you seem to define yourself somewhat differently than other atheists.  

And of course, every atheist I have ever dialogued with on any Q & Q site always makes the claim that they have greater knowledge that "anyone who mindlessly believes crude primitive fiction is true. I evaluate Christianity Objectively and Logically.

This post was edited by my2cents at September 11, 2017 4:35 AM MDT
      September 3, 2017 12:24 PM MDT

• Atheism is an absence of belief in gods, not a lack. Lack implies a deficiency, and that is wrong to say the logical stance is deficient. Each atheist is an individual. I have no association with "atheists.org". If they say what you claim, they are badly wrong. Atheists are not organized. Each has his own ideas. This post was edited by my2cents at September 17, 2017 2:41 PM MDT
      September 10, 2017 9:19 AM MDT

• There's no atheist organization to my knowledge. Looking at one website and imagining you know it all about anything is lazy and illogical. Each atheist can define himself as he likes. There's no test to take for being an atheist. This claim is quite true. Blind believers in all holy books are ruled by emotions and aren't logical. Yes atheists evaluate Christianity logically and objectively. This post was edited by my2cents at September 17, 2017 3:43 PM MDT
      September 17, 2017 2:48 PM MDT

Oh, and if you want to know more about what an atheist is, here's the site:   https://www.atheists.org/

September 3, 2017 12:26 PM MDT

• I can teach them much if they will listen. I know what it is, but you obviously do not. No one speaks for all atheists. True atheists have no gods, beliefs, faith, dogmas, holy books, priests, churches, rites, hymns, offerings, etc. I am an atheist individual who has no belief in gods, devils, angels, demi-gods, ghosts, spirits, Bigfoot, Nessie, ET visitors, PC or other absurd fiction. This post was edited by my2cents at September 17, 2017 2:42 PM MDT
      September 10, 2017 9:26 AM MDT

• One of my best friends was born in Kentucky, and she's been in WV often. Her accounts lead me to believe it's in the Bible Belt. 
      September 17, 2017 2:54 PM MDT