Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Have you ever been caught doing some weird dance when you thought no one was around? ~

Have you ever been caught doing some weird dance when you thought no one was around? ~

Posted - August 23, 2017

Responses

Yes and no, It was not really a dance but quite weird.

It was while printing with an litographic printer. The principle there is that the water-seeking areas of the plate (eg: Aluminium) take water from the rollers while the fat-seeking areas take ink from the same rollers, then paper is rolled between the cylinders so the inked areas deposit ink on the paper and the watereed areas just deposit a bit of water.

Sofar, so good. but printers are not all alike some cylinders are wider than others and sometimes you have to cut the excess width of a plate that is too wide, that is done with a pair of heavy scissors and you need to excert some force to cut (aluminum is a metal after all, even when pressed thin). Anyways I was cutting plates one day for my printer, when I discovered the room had gone quiet. Everyone else had stopped working and was watching me cutting plates. Have you noticed how your off-hand can write mirror image letters as easily as you right hand can write? we have a lot of that kind of resonances. Another is between hands clenching and the jaws biting down, that is what I was doing, firmly working my jaws biting nothing while my right hand was powering the scissors. Then we all laughed and went back to work.

August 23, 2017 7:37 AM MDT

Well people thought I thought no one was around, but I was serious.

That was my serious attempt at a normal dance.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 24, 2017 6:01 AM MDT
      August 23, 2017 8:54 AM MDT

I would love to go shopping with chew. We could dance dance dance together while we shop shop shop.....non stop stop stop....;+
      August 23, 2017 9:39 AM MDT

That is not our shar. It is a young Danish pop singer dancing all over Copenhagens main central train station. from 2010
      August 23, 2017 9:53 AM MDT

I dont believe you. I recognize those shoes anywhere. ;+
      August 23, 2017 9:57 AM MDT

OK
      August 23, 2017 10:00 AM MDT

When i went to Italy on Vacation one Summer......

August 23, 2017 10:16 AM MDT

Do you mean something like this:

August 23, 2017 3:22 PM MDT

• Perhaps three years ago, I was dancing at night in my living room to some slow pieces by Connie Francis on the stereo with an imaginary partner when, in the middle of the Tennessee Waltz, I noticed my window was wide open and the curtains drawn aside. I might have been seen, I'm not sure. 
      August 27, 2017 7:34 AM MDT