Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Have you ever fallen down a flight of stairs?

Have you ever fallen down a flight of stairs?

Posted - August 23, 2017

Responses

Such a sweet little hussy. hahaha
      August 23, 2017 3:57 PM MDT

I've slipped and fallen down steps before. They were made of bricks, too. Luckily I managed to land on my rump as I fell, but I hurt my poor little tail bone and couldn't stand up for a bit. I just crawled away and waited for the pain to subside.
      August 23, 2017 2:16 PM MDT

Oh yes.  I have lived in a house with stairs most of my life. I don't ever want to not have an upstairs.   I fell down the stairs at school (primary) once and was very embarrassed but not really hurt.  I've had two bad falls in my own house.  The worst of all stairway falls was in a coffee shop in NYC.  My 5 year old daughter wanted to go to the bathroom so we had to go back to stock room and up a very narrow flight of steel stairs.  I was seven months pregnant.  Coming down I told my daughter to walk behind me so that if she fell she would be blocked from a bad fall.  Well, I missed a step myself and bounced to the bottom on my behind breaking my tailbone.  To this day I have to sit up straight with my weight on my legs rather than my butt.  And sitting on a hard floor like in a gym.....forget about it. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at August 23, 2017 10:30 PM MDT
      August 23, 2017 10:29 PM MDT