Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Politics » The Secret Service is broke. Can America afford to protect such a profligate President?

The Secret Service is broke. Can America afford to protect such a profligate President?

$73,000 spent on golf cart hire alone - which goes to a Trump-owned business. Fraud?

Posted - August 23, 2017

Responses

I hope so. Every president deserves equal protection under the laws of the United States of America. ;)
      August 23, 2017 5:47 PM MDT

He's frittered away the entire Budget on ego-stroking rallies and playing golf.
      August 23, 2017 5:52 PM MDT

Yes, but like criminals, everyone lives under the same laws of the United States of America whether we like it or not. We cannot have it both ways, no matter how much one dislikes someone. This post was edited by carbonproduct at August 24, 2017 4:15 AM MDT
      August 23, 2017 5:54 PM MDT

Well you cannot do that.  I don't know the particulars and neither do you.  That much money means nothing to him.  He has a ton.

Who knows how he managed it?  I know he does enough b.s. moves financially that he is no honest businessman.  But I don't know anything about golf carts or how much they need to cost or who is paying. 
      August 23, 2017 5:55 PM MDT

If that were true exactly how does that affect Australia? Do you think that potential shortfalls will be covered by taking money away from the USAid payments to the land "down under"?

But where are these alleged cost details coming from? The budget of the Presidential Protection Detail is kept secret as is every other bit of information on their operations for security reasons. Can't risk any "reverse engineering" that data to figure out how PPD works internally. (They wouldn't even tell me who built their sexy little custom "suitcase" two-way-radio repeater back during the Reagan Administration.)
      August 23, 2017 6:16 PM MDT

https://nypost.com/2017/08/21/the-secret-service-has-gone-broke-protecting-trump/

Australia doesn't receive USAid payments. Never has.

Everything the "leader of the free world" does affects Australia. Frankly it worries me that a narcissist with dementia has his finger on "the button", and might decide to push it if anybody scrutinizes his financial setup. Or mocks that thing on his head.  
      August 23, 2017 6:28 PM MDT

Didn't say that Australia received USAid payments. Just thew that out there to see if you were paying attention and to determine your motives.

Both narcissism and dementia are medical diagnoses. To say Mr. Trump has either implies that you are an MD specializing in diseases and "defects" of the brain and have personally evaluated him. So I have to wonder where your received your medical education, where you're licensed to practice and when you conducted the examination. 

And no, there is no "button", never has been. (Although I had a colleague that was a Nike missile technician in the Air Force back in the 60's that swore that he could initiate a launch of one missile with only a couple of clip leads to bypass the dual-key system.)  Only the President can issue an order to initiate a nuclear strike. Not even the Vice President can do that unless the President becomes legally incapacitated. But that's only the first link in the chain, so to speak. Those orders to launch MUST follow a specific protocol. They have to pass through the National Command Authority, the ultimate source for lawful military orders in the US. If the President gives that order, complete with the correct "codes" from "the football", the order STILL has to pass muster with the Secretary of Defense and the Joint Chiefs (which means that there's more than adequate evidence that the US is the target of a imminent nuclear attack). Otherwise the soldiers that actually do press the appropriate buttons will never see the orders to launch. So if you want to worry about a nuclear strike worry about Won Lardes Dude in North Korea and about the Islamic Republic of Insane Muslims, I mean Iran. Heck, you should be more worried about those 120-130 nukes floating around Islamic Pakistan. (They may be friendly to the west at the moment but it only takes one revolution by the Taliban or ISIS . . .) This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at August 23, 2017 7:30 PM MDT
      August 23, 2017 7:25 PM MDT

Pakistan's nukes are aimed at their mortal enemy, India. As India's are aimed at Pakistan. Internecine, fratricidal wars don't bother me, even cold ones (or moderately warm ones as in Kashmir).
    Iran doesn't have nukes - yet. Iraq never had them, the Iraqi WMDs were invented by the Bush administration so they could beat somebody up since they couldn't find OBL. Kim Jong Fatboy is concentrated on the US and South Korea, I doubt he knows that Australia exists and I'm sure he couldn't find it on a map.
    The Commander in Chief is clearly losing the plot. He can't keep staff, he constantly forgets what he said the week or even the day before, his tweets are increasingly irrational (and unlike GWB he can't blame dyslexia) - either he's demented or unhinged. Either way Congress can section four him - mentally incapable of discharging the duties of his office. Holding ego-stoking rallies and playing golf are not part of those duties - he already won the election with Russian help, why is he still campaigning?
      August 23, 2017 7:45 PM MDT

Yes you DID say that, Agent Provacateur.

August 23, 2017 8:39 PM MDT

Still having problems with reading comprehension, I see. Either that or you're having issues understanding liberal tactics when they're used against you.

But no, I did NOT say that Australia received USASid payments. I just asked if Slat was afraid of Australia losing USAid payments. There's a difference. Go back and re-read what I wrote.
      August 23, 2017 8:48 PM MDT

You cannot lose what isn't there.  Why would you say such an implausible thing?  Why would you ask him if he was afraid if you were not implying it was true?  Because you were hoping he would not know that it was not true?  NO. Because you did not know and now you are backpeddling.

August 23, 2017 8:51 PM MDT

And that's EXACTLY why I asked the question. I wanted to see just how serious and knowledgeable he is.
      August 23, 2017 9:32 PM MDT

• "America is broke."

In 1789, Alexander Hamilton started the U.S. Treasury with nothing,
    and that was the closest our country has ever been to being even.
     .... Will Rogers
      August 23, 2017 7:58 PM MDT

He is travelling no more than Pres Obama did. If the SS is out of money they have not budgeted properly. 
    I do know that expenses in media are inflated. The $3 mill they love to complain about. But comes from a non equal  comparison.  An Obama trip from DC to Chicago to Fl.....cost $3mill....Trump does not stop in Chicago  on his way to FL...so not an apples to apples comparison.  
      August 24, 2017 4:57 AM MDT