Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If Christians followed everything the Bible says is OK to do would they all be in jail?

If Christians followed everything the Bible says is OK to do would they all be in jail?

Eg: Deuteronomy 21: 18 - 21.

Posted - August 24, 2017

Responses

Yes on death row.
      August 24, 2017 1:36 AM MDT

Wicked! 
      August 24, 2017 3:22 AM MDT

But factual.
      August 24, 2017 3:24 AM MDT

Perhaps not.
    They would all be stoned to death and the Antifa would not exist. This post was edited by antibiotic at August 24, 2017 8:21 PM MDT
      August 24, 2017 4:33 AM MDT

Not sure where you are coming from with the fanaticism but if you are saying they would be stoned to death because you think the legal system would be religiously christian then you have not thought it through as they would not disagree with what the christian(s) did so NO punishment at all. 
      August 24, 2017 5:52 AM MDT

Nothing to do with any legal system being religiously christian. 
    It's amazing how deep a short statement can go. 
    My freedom of speech, your freedom to think, I guess.
      August 24, 2017 6:45 PM MDT

I do not see where you are coming from with the stoning, it makes no sense that I can see.
      August 24, 2017 7:13 PM MDT

I'm trying to say that the Anifa is made up of  stubborn and rebellious sons who do not obey their fathers and mothers. If their parents took them to the gate of the town (as mentioned in the bible) to be stoned, they would not exist.

August 25, 2017 7:19 PM MDT

Then the parents would be the ones on death row.
      August 25, 2017 7:48 PM MDT

Not according to the good book. Their sons are put on death row due to their stubborn and rebellious acts.
    You bring out a good point on a more serious note, though.
    We are not born racist or prestigious or hateful or stubborn and rebellious. So, if it starts at home, then the parents are accountable for their acts and should perhaps be the ones on death row.
      August 26, 2017 7:50 AM MDT

If we are working under secular law then the ones doing the stoning would be the ones on death row and as far as someone being killed for the sins of another (the sons) is simply a load of bollocks.
      August 26, 2017 12:47 PM MDT

If the ones doing the stoning would be the ones on death row, then executioners applying lethal injection, electrocution, lethal gas, firing squad, and hanging, would also be on death row. A vicious cycle.
    Good thing executioners have the freedom to perform their duties under a non secular law. 
    Prison officials can assemble witnesses, of their choosing, to witness an execution. I wonder how many of these spectators go to a local bar after, have a drink and sip over the event? This post was edited by antibiotic at August 26, 2017 3:56 PM MDT
      August 26, 2017 3:43 PM MDT

I think first we need to decide if we are working this under biblical law or secular law. If under biblical law then the stoners would not be punished and under secular law they would be. You appear to be saying that it is wrong to take the life of the criminal under secular law, while I am inclined to believe that the death penalty is wrong in general, it is actually part of the secular law where it is applied, so your 'under a non secular law' is simply wrong. You are also making no comparison of the crimes involved (that you introduced), that being the difference between the taking of a life and the refusal to do as instructed by a parent and I still do not understand why you felt the need to introduce 'antifa' into the equation.

P.s. Sorry that the word 'fanaticism' came up in an earlier reply to you but such is the wonder of auto correct, it should have been 'antifa'.
      August 26, 2017 4:38 PM MDT

Actually, the death penalty legal under both secular and religious law (in the Old Testament). The difference is that Christianity opposes the death penalty; just like you do.
    Julius Caesar had his secular laws set in place and were obeyed by his people and enforced by his militia. Bible writers were not emperors nor leaders of great nations with armies. In most cases, they were elders or respected seniors of a village and used God as a great fearing figure to support the laws established. The Ten Commandments (laws established), were a set of rules, like a constitution, documented to observe. They were not enforced by a militia, but supported by a fearing God of the Old Testament. Believing in God or not is not the argument, history is.

August 26, 2017 7:47 PM MDT

Thank you for the word salad but it does not alter the fact that what under biblical law is legal, in many cases under secular law it would lead to the death penalty.
      August 26, 2017 11:11 PM MDT

Unfortunately, I am not as thankful for your lack of cerebral alertness, as you are for what you refer to, as my word salad. At least my bowl holds salad (identifiable matter). Your strainer leaks and holds nothing together.
    You just don't get it and probably never will, no matter how simple it is explained to you.
    Have a nice day.
      August 27, 2017 5:59 AM MDT

So be it, the comments are here for all to see and form their own opinion.
      August 27, 2017 11:09 AM MDT

If Christians followed everything the Bible says is OK to do would they all be in jail?

Eg: Deuteronomy 21: 18 - 21

===================================================================================

1- Any modern jurisdiction that accepts the Laws of Moses [God's laws given to Moses and recorded in the Bible] as valid would obviously not jail anyone for following those laws.

2- In any case,Christians don't follow the Laws of Moses. That's because Paul said that the law is dead, "nailed to the cross", as he put it and said that going back to the law was like going back into slavery. That's music to the ears of Christians. It sounds much better to them than what Jesus practiced and taught.

3- Jesus lived by the laws of Moses and warned anyone who broke the least of those laws or taught others to do so that they will be considered least in the Kingdom of Heaven.

August 25, 2017 9:34 AM MDT

I have no idea if ANYONE knows what the Bible says to DO.
      August 25, 2017 9:39 AM MDT