Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » I long for way back when. Those were the days my friend. How far back does your "way back when" go?

I long for way back when. Those were the days my friend. How far back does your "way back when" go?

Posted - August 24, 2017

Responses

It doesn't.  I live for today. 

I don't look back and long for anything.  I look back and wish Trump was never born, but that doesn't really solve a thing.

There were no ideal days that I wish were still around.    That is the stuff of nonsense and has nothing to do with life.   We are here to live and learn and die.  That's our job.  Do the best we can.  Love our neighbors as ourselves and just be a good person.  TODAY.  

My mom is dead.  I wish she were here. But she progressed into a sick and unhappy soul and she is at peace now.  I do not long for days gone by where she was well and I was young.  For what?  If it doesn't lead to anything but now again?  We have to face and carry on what lies ahead, not sulk and be disappointed for what has passed.  The memory is a gift and many lessons are learned.  If you really were realistic you would have to include all the hideous events that occurred that you may since have blocked out.   Do you want them too?  They also come with the package.
      August 24, 2017 9:26 AM MDT

"That is the stuff of nonsense and nothing to do with life". There you go again. Just because your  intellect/emotions are wired differently you have the nerve to put down those who disagree with thee? Seriously? My way back when includes my dad whom I adored and died too young in January 1960. My way back when includes dear friends whom I enjoyed tremendously and would give anything to just spend another day with them. You have no way back when. Fine. But stop being so judgmental about those of us who do. That is NOT YOUR CALL. You have a right to speak for you. You have no right to speak for me. You have no idea who I am or what I feel or think or what I have experienced/endured/survived.. Don't tell me it doesn't lead to anything. You are not me. You do not know of what you speak. SIGH. And the beat goes on . :(
      August 24, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

I talk just like you do. We are both passionate Scorpios.  What can I say. I just blurt like you do. 
      August 24, 2017 10:46 AM MDT

August 24, 2017 10:32 AM MDT

December 16, 2015
      August 24, 2017 11:15 AM MDT

August 24, 2017 11:27 AM MDT

Clue me in
      August 24, 2017 11:39 AM MDT

Let's just say it has to do with the date of someone joining the site.  
      August 24, 2017 12:10 PM MDT

You guys actually know that?  I am not good at navigating this place STILL.

I know who you mean now.  LOL
      August 24, 2017 12:12 PM MDT

Gosh, you're smart!
      August 24, 2017 3:13 PM MDT

I know. I'm a legend in my own mind.
      August 24, 2017 3:29 PM MDT

Hm  I try to enjoy the moment.. and it's easy to do that when you are ok... sometimes though, when things aren't going so well - then yes we can go back to back when... I am in that mindset today so I entirely get where this question is coming from...  I can't precisely put a timeframe on my back when, but it really wasn't so long ago... perhaps just a few weeks ago, or maybe a few months ago...
      August 24, 2017 3:26 PM MDT

1973. Everything changed for me in that year. A year of joy.
      August 24, 2017 4:41 PM MDT