Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What was your worst experience at a restaurant?

What was your worst experience at a restaurant?

My husband is cursed when we go out to eat which is why we hardly ever go out to eat.

Anyway, one time we were driving to Colorado and we stopped at a restaurant in Nebraska.  The sign said please seat yourself so we sat down and waited and waited and waited some more.  While we were waiting my hubby said the server would eventually come running over yelling Oh! Oh! I didn't see you two come in!  Hmm, he got it right, that's exactly what she said when she came running over to the table a few minutes later!

It was a buffet and my husband told me to wait at the table while he went to get something else.  I finished what I had on my plate so I went back to the buffet but my hubby told me he asked me to wait at the table.  I didn't know why he made such a strange request but when we got back to the table the server already cleaned off the table and dumped out our drinks.  She was holding his sunglasses and telling another server that someone left their sunglasses behind.

Posted - August 26, 2017

Responses

Salmonella? Maybe.

But with the very rapid onset of symptoms and the fierce intensity of those symptoms it sounds almost like cholera (yes, cholera is supposedly VERY rare in the USA). It's highly doubtful that it came from that Benihana visit though unless something was compromising your immunity system at the time of contact or your stomach acid production was greatly suppressed (Nexium anyone?). Even Salmonella takes at a minimum of a couple of hours to percolate, typically a day or two. 
      August 28, 2017 12:12 PM MDT