Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Do you believe there actually could be portals to faraway elsewheres in the universe? Wormholes? Why?

Do you believe there actually could be portals to faraway elsewheres in the universe? Wormholes? Why?

Posted - August 27, 2017

Responses

Maybe, and maybe there are also time travelers that leave their imprints in the form of crop circles. That would certainly explain them. They are the right size needed to sustain a craft large enough to create the density heavy enough to warp space-time into a wormhole to space travel through. It would explain the size and imprint it left behind. And if it were space travelers, the invisibility could easily be explained by some future physics that doesn't allow the grandfather paradox to co- exists  in parallel realities,  therefore extinguishing any possibility of screwing up future generations, which probably couldn't happen anyway because cross dimensional travel would be impossible in any physical reality.
      August 27, 2017 5:27 AM MDT

My cuppa tea. Did you know that the cover of "Scientific American" magazine dated May 2003 is about parallel universes? In fact it states "Infinite Earths in Parallel Universes Really Exist". The article starts on page 41 and ends on Page 51 covering multiverses of which there are 4. If there are multiple dimensions beyond the 3 of which humans are aware then all the answers to all the so-called "mysteries" could reside therein. Say there are ten dimensions. 7 of them we cannot access. What do you suppose they consist of? So you are open to this possibility then? Scifi is my favorite literary genre and Quantum Physics fascinates me because they are oh so definitely related. Lotsa folks pooh pooh it. They do not have enough imagination to accommodate it so of course they simply write it off as ridiculous. You don't. Good. Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply cp. I think we shall be having some excellent conversations about this subject futurely! Doth thee?
      August 29, 2017 4:53 AM MDT

Study 'Bell's Theorum' that shows that two electrons can 'communicate a transfer' of polarity over great distances.  Very weird.
      August 27, 2017 8:34 AM MDT

Entanglement. I am familiar with it bh. Thank you for your reply.
      August 29, 2017 5:11 AM MDT

• "Sure .. could be!"
    "Could be!"  There are wormholes here ... why not somewhere else!?

"Anything's possible!"  Isn't that what "they" say?
      August 29, 2017 5:16 AM MDT

You just have to eliminate the problem of time and space but you would have nowhere to go because you would be everywhere (in the universe) at the same instant .
      August 29, 2017 5:35 AM MDT

I believe in the possibility, and it would be wonderful to find they do exist and to understand what they are.

So far at least these things are extremely abstruse mathematical models of hypotheses at the present limits of cosmology and quantum-physics. They also need a considerable stretch of imagination and intuition as well as a head for physics and maths to handle the concepts of space-warping and multi-dimensions. even at a basic level.

I do not know if their physical existence has been established, but it's a fascinating area of study although I am sure the maths - if I saw it - is far and away beyond me.

And of course, it's fun for science-fiction authors and readers!
      September 3, 2017 11:53 AM MDT

• That is wild speculation. 
      September 5, 2017 7:40 AM MDT

Of course.

Why not?  If it can be imagined, it can exist.

September 5, 2017 7:50 AM MDT

September 5, 2017 8:00 AM MDT

Exactly

If we can do this, wormholes are within our grasp.

September 5, 2017 8:13 AM MDT