Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Left wing terrorists Antifa strikes again, Sunday at a peaceful antiHate demonstration in Berkeley. Will any Dem politicians condemn them?

Left wing terrorists Antifa strikes again, Sunday at a peaceful antiHate demonstration in Berkeley. Will any Dem politicians condemn them?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/28/black-clad-antifa-attack-right-wing-demonstrators-in-berkeley/

Posted - August 28, 2017

Responses

Well, I will condemn them if you like. I dont think they will notice though. There was a question about them even before Charlottesville, and every poster there agreed they looked like troubleseekers looking for a fight.
      August 28, 2017 7:14 PM MDT

More interested to see if and politicians come out and condemn them. So far the only one I have seen mention them by name is President Trump.  Have not seen any media coverage except on Fox. 
      August 29, 2017 5:23 AM MDT

I suppose your question is inspired by articles like this one:
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/08/21/why-isnt-the-media-demanding-democrats-publicly-condemn-antifa-n2371324

And you (and they) are right, at least partly. Democrats have been slow to condemn Antifa as a violent hategroup (even though their very name says so: anti-Fa(cism)

One reason for it is that sofar Antifa have been pretty harmless. 0 deaths, as compared to the Thousands of negro deaths, burned churches, etc, etc, that are ascribed to The Clan (inclucluding the one death in charlotteville). It is quite difficult to call the 2 groups 'comparable'. they are just not in the same League, hatecrime-wise. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at August 29, 2017 5:48 AM MDT
      August 29, 2017 5:46 AM MDT

Actually my question was inspired by the fact that this group gets zero coverage from most media and they operate in Nancy Pelosi's destrict. This is at least the 3rd time they have been violent at Berley this year and still nothing out of the Democrat Minority leader.....on a local issue for her.
      August 29, 2017 10:49 AM MDT

These people remind me of the self-righteous crusaders of the middle ages who went around murdering all the heathens.
      August 28, 2017 7:31 PM MDT

Well the Crusaders had the pope encouraging them and even giving them 'forgiveness in advance' for any sins they might commit during the crusade. I dont remember anybody encouraging Antifa, much less cheering them on. Dumbass Hotheads spoiling for a fight. i wonder how they even found eachother and got together.
      August 28, 2017 8:25 PM MDT