Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Among the things most folks wouldn't mind being is a millionaire. But I wonder what problems being wealthy would bring along? Do you?

Among the things most folks wouldn't mind being is a millionaire. But I wonder what problems being wealthy would bring along? Do you?

The main thing that would gnaw at me is whether or not people liked me for just being me or whether they liked my money and what it could do for them. A problem most folks would probably welcome but I'm not so sure I would. Everything is a trade-off. You give up something to get something. When you discover what you gave up was far more valuable and meaningful  than what you got it is often too late to matter. A bitter pill to swallow.

Posted - August 30, 2017

Responses

My spouse's family is jam-packed with 'never-do-wells'.  They would suck all the money out of her. Unrelenting.
      August 30, 2017 5:32 AM MDT

That sucks bigtime bh! Condolences. We like to think our family loves us for ourselves and is in our corner and watching our backs. When they are the ones who are just waiting to put a knife in it life can get very sad. Thank you for your reply. But at least you know what they are and if you ever got be a millionaire you'd be prepared for the onslaught  :) Oh. This question just gave birth to another one. You'll recognize it! :)
      August 30, 2017 6:45 AM MDT