Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » A religious guy said years ago that AIDS was God's punishment for homosexuality. Is God punishing Texas for something? What did Texas do?

A religious guy said years ago that AIDS was God's punishment for homosexuality. Is God punishing Texas for something? What did Texas do?

Posted - August 30, 2017

Responses

I know you are not American.  A lack means simply an absence of something---like a "lack of cancer" in the body.  And that is the sense in which the atheist website I referenced uses the word.  (I agree that lack is frequently used to denote an absence of something desirable or necessary but that is note the sense in which I use it.  Your clarification is not necessary for me, but it may be useful to others on this website.)

If as the bible suggests, that "Through Him (The Word, second person of the trinity) all things were made." is a true statement, and I consider it so, I do not agree that all animals (including us humans) are born as atheists as you suggest.

I agree that atheists do see the visible spectrum of light.  Christianity---for Christians such as myself, since Christianity is even more of an individual matter in that it is the relationship of an individual human with His creator---has the ability to see the whole electromagnetic spectrum.

We are not limited---as you are as an atheist---to only be able to examine that part of reality that produces visible light.  Atheists would need the specialized perspective that only Christians can possess to actually "see" the infrared and the ultraviolet---which by definition can never be seen by the atheist since, to continue your analogy, the wave lengths are above and below what you can ever see with the naked eye.

And You seem to bandy the word logic about as if it were some sort of magic spell.  Here's an actual definition of logic---reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.  

We differ not in the process, but in the assumptions we start with.

You are a person with an opinion---and here is the germane opinion that you have posted in your last comment.  Unfortunately, you didn't bother to substantiate it---especially your first sentence below.

Da, all beliefs are inherently illogical and unscientific, because they lack evidence. (Here is the proper place to use LACK!) Atheism is an individual matter. We are all born as atheists. Animals are atheists. The tale is extremely poor. A book with such a immature story line would never sell if it did not make unrealistic false promises. You would not believe such a story if it was Zeus and Heracles rather than God and Jesus. If god was a competent creator, he would not have made such displeasing creations. You are blindly biased and cannot be objective and logical about the tale with which you were indoctrinated. Well, My nation is atheistic, and if you were born and reared there, you would be an atheist. I certainly cannot reason with you, because your indoctrination has made you unreasonable and subjective to a high degree. You are a slave to your indoctrination. Few people can overcome it. You display lack of logic, objectivity and knowledge. Economy of Salvation is biased nonsense. Gods so not exist, ergo sins cannot exist, and salvation is not necessary at all. This just an insidious scam comparable to poisoning people and selling them antidote. Priests create a need for their services and charge outrageously for them when they are totally unnecessary. No, Christians oversimplify into black and white metaphorically. Atheists see the visible spectrum of light and know there are infrared and ultraviolet light in addition. No, your asserts that having fun is sinful. It does that to create guilt in everyone that is to be forgiven by priests for a high price. We will learn about the existence of Perun, Volos, Zeus, Jove, Odin, Amatersu, Yu Ti, Ahuramazda, Shamash, Vishnu, Marduk, Quetzalcoatl, Ra, Amon, Manitou, Wotan and millions of gods ... or will we? Learning stops when we die.

September 20, 2017 2:46 PM MDT

• No animal is born a theist. That is taught to children. Theists cannot and will not see anything outside their quite limited viewpoint. Do you know anything about Amaterasu the empress of Japanese gods, Yu Ti the Chinese Emperor of Heaven, Ahuramazda the benevolent god in ancient Persia, Volos the Slavic deity, The Hindu Trimurti (Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu), Quetzelcoatl, Odin, Manitou, Amon, Ra, Enki, Shamash, Baal, Asshur, etc.? We have means of seeing invisible light through science. Religions see quite little. Logic is a detailed study. You evidently imagine that searching for a few words on the Internet makes you an expert. Well, there are classes in Logic at college, and you evidently know nothing about the study, as I can observe by your logical fallacies. I took Logic in college, so I know far more of it than someone who only looks at a website. You start with too many unfounded assumptions. Just claiming to be logical when a student of logic can easily perceive that you are quite ignorant about it only discredits you. My opinion is far more logical than that of someone who was indoctrinated with a belief system and mindlessly follows it without question. some opinions are far more valid than others. By definition a belief is an idea that is accepted as true without adequate evidence, and all religions have are unfounded beliefs. I have little time for such people as you. It is quite pointless to argue when you stubbornly believe in Christianity despite its lack of genuine Logic and Truth. You claim to be logical while using extremely bad Logic that is far more detailed than a website can convey, as is atheism. I studied Logic in college, and you just look at a few websites and imagine you know more than I do. That is quite unwise to use understatement. Genuine Logic demolished you blind beliefs. You do not address many of my observations.  
      September 20, 2017 6:42 PM MDT

It's not "god".

It's Ming The Merciless.

September 5, 2017 3:18 PM MDT