Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » How much do you think our weather and natural disasters are manipulated by technology?

How much do you think our weather and natural disasters are manipulated by technology?

https://csat.au.af.mil/2025/volume3/vol3ch15.pdf 

Posted - August 31, 2017

Responses

• When I click on your link it tells me that my connection is unsafe and hackers will get me. : (

Otherwise I'm intrigued by what it is about technology that could be manipulating weather systems?
      August 31, 2017 12:53 PM MDT

lol You're probably the LAST person I want to get started on this. 

One known example is "Operation Popeye" from during the Vietnam War. The US used cloud seeding to make it pour and mess with the roads- they got super muddy and landslides occurred, effectively stopping the transit of the enemy and also stalling supplies. 

Nowadays, there's a whole lot more conspiracy theory behind it. There was a town somewhere in the US- maybe Washington State??? It was Oak something or other... gelatinous stuff fell from the sky for weeks. It made people sick. It was analyzed and discovered that it carried blood cells as well as some kind of animal cells. They suspected it was waste from airplanes at first because there was human waste in it, but it was clear and airplane waste is supposed to be dyed blue. Then, the next suspect was some bombs the military was dropping- perhaps they hit a school of jellyfish and that's what rained down on the people. But, it only explains half of it- not why it carried human waste, blood cells, and influenza. Ergo, the prevailing theory is that the government was testing biological warfare and using cloud seeding to do so.

I was actually on a click fest reading about Joni Mitchel's Morgellon's Disease when I came across a video that some technology company was using nanotechnology to monitor and manipulate the weather. The video with the exec painted it as a positive thing- they were sending out millions of these microscopic nanotubes... I want to say they were silicon??? I can't find the dang video anymore. Anyway, it had to do with using the nanotechnology to monitor weather, only someone was hypothesizing that the things were getting into people, like through breathing, and that was what Morgellon's was. Supposedly, all kinds of companies are using similar tech in an unrestricted way and it's showing up in rain and food now, even when it isn't intentionally being dispersed.

The last big theory is that some of these natural disasters we've been seeing- Texas being the latest, are actually man-made disasters, caused by cloud seeding. 
      August 31, 2017 1:25 PM MDT

• Wow, anything is possible I guess?
    I know a guy and he comes from Laos and his parents died of cancer from the effects of Agent orange and other war related things spread all over Vietnam and Laos by the US Military.
    He was a baby there when they died and now his aunt died of the same cancer and he's scared he will too.
    My point is that the government does some brutal sh_t and is always trying to be more advanced than our enemies.
    I don't think they always care about long term effects when they use and test these weapons.

I tend to lean toward global warming and the rising temperature of the oceans as the cause of the increase of extreme weather phenomenons that we're seeing. Scientists have been studying this trend and predicting these events.

Could the government be cloud seeding and dropping bombs on jellyfish too?
    Anythings possible.
    The world is crazy!!!

August 31, 2017 2:45 PM MDT

Manipulate or cause.
      August 31, 2017 1:18 PM MDT

Pick one or all, my wonderful science-brained friend. :)
      August 31, 2017 1:25 PM MDT

Technology can cause things like climate change. (unless you are a trump supporter.) NATURAL disasters are not created by humans. The Doctrine of Uniformity states that (oversimplification here) Natural phenomena today are the same as they were in the past and will continue to do so in the future. Plate tectonics ensures that volcanoes and earthquakes have always occurred as the earth continues to have a magma mantle and will continue to occur...more later.

I am back; let's talk about climate change. The earth's weather patterns are governed by many things: Tilt of the planet over long periods of time, orbital changes due to perturbation of the other planets, magnetic reversals, continental movement, ocean currents as the result of continental shifts. We are now in the high temp area between two periodic glaciations. What human activity has done through technology is accelerate the warming process. We may actually over time overturn the natural causes. This post was edited by Element 99 at September 14, 2018 7:06 PM MDT
      August 31, 2017 3:24 PM MDT

I get the same warning as Truthseeker does. ;(
      August 31, 2017 1:55 PM MDT

August 31, 2017 2:36 PM MDT

Have you looked at the HAARP project in Alaska? Many think it is a weather weapon. Or used to farther Global Warming  (climate change) theories.  Personally, I don't know for sure but it's interesting. 

https://www.climatechangenews.com/2016/07/19/indian-minister-links-us-military-to-global-warming/
    I get the same message about unsafe hackers whem I clicked your link. 
      August 31, 2017 1:56 PM MDT

Your link takes me to a 404 page. We're on a roll. lol

https://csat.au.af.mil/2025/volume3/vol3ch15.pdf This post was edited by Just Asking at August 31, 2017 2:45 PM MDT
      August 31, 2017 2:37 PM MDT

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program

I can't seem to get a link to work. But they are heating the Earth's ionosphere.  Supposed to help improve  GPS, cell service  etc. Some say it causes global climate change (some say just locally which is the cause of glaciers melting whoch other parts of the world are colder), India and others claim it is a  weather weapon. This post was edited by my2cents at August 31, 2017 3:58 PM MDT
      August 31, 2017 3:50 PM MDT

I think most of the disasters are either natural or side effect of things that we generally consider useful. eg: Coal-fired power plants. The produce lots of nice electric power, but also lots of CO and CO2 that increase the Greenhouse effect, making storms stronger and more destructive (among other things). At the same time they enable us to do research to improve solar cell efficiency. just 15 years ago the best solar cells we could make only caught about 12% of the sunlight shining on them. Now we are up to catching some 30% of the light. We are getting there.

ref https://www.sciencealert.com/engineers-just-created-the-most-efficient-solar-cells-ever
    alas, silicon production also generate a lot of nasty pollution so there is still a cost to be paid.

It would be nice if we could put the cilicon producing factories on the moon.
      August 31, 2017 2:23 PM MDT

Yes, I was reading that the output from planes actually blocks out the sun and makes the earth darker as well. O_o Hmm... Interesting stuff. 
      August 31, 2017 2:39 PM MDT

Global Warming is being blamed for the increase in the severity of storms, but you can't make too much stew from one oyster. You'd need a lot of such storms over a long period of time to nail it down.

One way in which technology can manipulate natural disasters for the BETTER is improved equipment for fighting wildfires. Dropping water and fire retardants from aircraft. Higher pressure pumps, vehicles capable of moving greater quantities of water and personnel to the fire front, improved communication at VHF (for some reason UHF is more easily distorted in windy conditions).
      August 31, 2017 9:00 PM MDT

Interesting ideas. It would not be particularly difficult to use larger and powerful vehicles, even if it means designing and building new ones, but with increasing size comes decreasing ability to reach the fire rapidly, and to traverse the more difficult terrain.

I'm not sure if the wind affects UHF directly. After all, radar can operate in all manner of hostile weather or through the slip-stream of an aircraft. I wonder if the interference with UHF is from the trees waving about in the wind: the higher the frequency the smaller the wave-length so the smaller the objects need be to interfere with them.

The original question is somewhat open-ended, but one group of natural disasters we cannot affect one way or the other are those linked to major geological processes: volcanic eruptions, earthquakes (including those responsible for tsunamis), and most landslides.   
    X
      September 14, 2017 2:21 PM MDT

Seismologists are doing their damndest on that one too - not to stop them (you can't) but to better predict when are where they are going to happen, and thus be able to tell folks to get out of the way. They haven't got there yet.
      September 15, 2017 2:48 PM MDT

I wonder if they ever will. Seismic and volcanic events are so variable and so hidden that about the best anyone can do is say, it will happen soon.  
      September 15, 2017 5:08 PM MDT