Active Now

Randy D
Slartibartfast
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Finance » My Piggy Bank is almost full! Do y'all have something that you put loose-change in?

My Piggy Bank is almost full! Do y'all have something that you put loose-change in?

I'm just wondering because many people don't carry actual currency any more...

Posted - July 24, 2016

Responses

Yes my bank.  I have a save the change thing.  It goes in my savings. 

July 24, 2016 8:49 AM MDT

• What is it? Is it like a pickle jar or something?

July 24, 2016 9:27 AM MDT

I most certainly do!

(Your piggy bank is the cutest I've ever seen.)

July 24, 2016 11:46 AM MDT

Yes, people do carry money and should go back to cash and check purchases to not allow the government to stop minting in favor of plastic so that every purchase you make can be monitored.  Iknow this is a run-on sentence but typing w/one hand and I got going fast and didn't want to slow down.  

Put your coins in socks to use as a weapons.  You have one in every room.  :)

July 24, 2016 12:04 PM MDT

When you purchase something with your card, the charge is rounded up to the nearest dollar and the difference  goes into a savings account.  I think I stated it correctly.

July 24, 2016 12:08 PM MDT

• no. i do not deal in cash; coin or paper. it's nasty. i use my debit card and i barely shop for anything in person.

July 24, 2016 1:09 PM MDT

• You did not say you used a card. You said you have a "Bank" then you put the money into your savings.   Naw...you didn't say it correctly. It was vague

July 24, 2016 1:13 PM MDT

• Gee thanks..but that's just a stock-photo, but it is cute, isn;t it?

My real piggy-bank is an emtpty 5-gallon glass water bottle.

July 24, 2016 1:14 PM MDT

• I admit to using a debit card quite frequently.  I also notice I spend more when I have a DC rather than cash. 

I find change all over my house. Mike gets tips and deals with cash alot so there is that.

Money is really filthy with all the germs, diseases, and filth from other peoples hands... i have the same feeling about it..

July 24, 2016 1:17 PM MDT

• i'm not a spender, no matter what. the only thing i hoard is money, and it's all in the bank.

oh, yeah. Jess gets tips, and sometimes offers me cash for things we co-purchase. i always ask her to transfer it into my account. she has to go to an ATM a lot, so she uses an indoor one during the day. she loves collecting coins, as well. usually ends up putting it all in one of those machine things that turn it all into paper for a nominal fee. people give her their change all the time. she's been hunting coins since she was knee high to a grasshopper.

yep.... it's very nasty. i used to count up to near a half million, or a little more or less, a day by hand. i was so grossed out by the film it left on my hands. i washed my hands like it was my OCD back then.

July 24, 2016 1:24 PM MDT

LOL :)

July 24, 2016 8:34 PM MDT

I sure do.... It's a plastic tub and anything I've loaned out gets put in when I get paid back unless it's a big amount. I have an actual piggy bank but it's too small to actual use.
      July 25, 2016 5:43 PM MDT

You asked if we have something.........................  DJAM answered 'Yes, my bank."  Her bank is where she keeps her loose change.

You didn't notice that two different people made statements.  No worries.

July 26, 2016 11:30 AM MDT