Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Earth is no longer habitable. We have seen to that. Which presents more problems? Living in space or beneath the sea? Why?

Earth is no longer habitable. We have seen to that. Which presents more problems? Living in space or beneath the sea? Why?

Posted - September 3, 2017

Responses

No longer habitable?  Does this mean you're leaving?

(By the way, "beneath the sea" is still on earth, so I guess it is habitable.)
      September 3, 2017 6:49 AM MDT

(still belly laughing)
      September 3, 2017 9:10 AM MDT

I like it here.  It's like the TV series; 'Green Acres'.  Countryside. Quiet. Peaceful.  Except when that dang Mr. Haney brings his truck full of junk! 
      September 3, 2017 6:54 AM MDT

You will die here then because life will not longer possible. Thank you for your reply bh.
      September 3, 2017 9:44 AM MDT

Er, um, news flash, earth to Rosie: we're ALL going to die here. Tin foil isn't true protection from real-world facts, ok?

Palm to the face, yo. 
    _
      September 4, 2017 6:03 AM MDT

Where do you come up with these incredible ideas ?
      September 3, 2017 7:55 AM MDT

(Incredibly good or incredibly bad?)
      September 3, 2017 7:57 AM MDT

Incredibly poor and naive. But I was trying to be kind.

I do have to wonder if some people live in physical bubbles and just how long their food, water and oxygen supplies will hold out and what will happen to them then on this uninhabitable planet. This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at September 5, 2017 8:15 AM MDT
      September 3, 2017 8:33 AM MDT

• Uninhabitable? Where in hell do you get that? I stepped outside this morning and breathed in fresh chilled air while looking at the beauty of all the green trees in my area. That seems habitable to me. Perhaps you should move from whatever smog filled area you live in. Come to the mountains of North Carolina. It's a beautiful paradise with plenty of green! I recommend a city like Linville or Danville. Very beautiful with incredible sights! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 5, 2017 8:15 AM MDT
      September 3, 2017 9:04 AM MDT

• "Living in Space."  Our space probes haven't found much evidence of life in space.
      September 3, 2017 9:08 AM MDT

;+
      September 3, 2017 9:12 AM MDT

Oy vey!  I think earth is still habitable so the two options you've provided are not on the table for discussion yet IMHO.  Sorry.
      September 3, 2017 10:33 AM MDT

Living somewhere in Space - on the Moon or Mars say - would still need a lot of people living on Earth to support it all.

And as others have said, not only is Earth still very habitable - though battered and bruised - and the sea-bed is still very much on Earth. It's just in the wet bits.
      September 3, 2017 11:55 AM MDT

• Earth certainly is still quite habitable! You blindly believe alarmists who have their nefarious agendas, e.g. Al Gore whose dire predictions have failed to materialize. Did you believe the world would end 21 December 2012? There have been alarmists throughout history. Only extremely gullible people believe them. Incidentally, I am a Nigerian prince who wants to transfer my billion ruble fortune to your bank account, so tell me your bank's name and address and your account number, so I can deposit this money in it. I also have a fine bridge in Brooklyn for sale. 
      September 5, 2017 8:23 AM MDT