Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » I never thought there'd be a day in the USA when bigotry/racism would be normalized/supported/defended/promulgated/authorized. You?

I never thought there'd be a day in the USA when bigotry/racism would be normalized/supported/defended/promulgated/authorized. You?

Posted - September 3, 2017

Responses

Really? Have you forgotten life before the Civil Rights movement? It wasn't that long ago and we still have to keep working to eradicate racism.
      September 3, 2017 4:33 AM MDT

All races drink outta the same water fountain now.  That is progress, I guess.
      September 3, 2017 6:43 AM MDT

Er, um, try 1776.  The country was founded on bigotry and racism!

You tried this same tact about a month ago and had to be schooled by countless respondents who presented one example after another of good ol' age-old USA bigotry and racism that was part of life, and was written into law.  Why would anyone assume that regurgitating old pablum would be met with gullibility?  Why?  WHY?  Why indeed. 

September 3, 2017 6:44 AM MDT

It's all in the name of freedom of expression. 
      September 4, 2017 11:33 PM MDT

I know. The source of those beliefs is the problem. The wiring of those people is the problem. The way they were brought up..whom they were taught to hate...why they taught to hate...that's the problem. More's the pity. We express what we feel. Why do so many hate and have no problem expressing it? Thank you for your reply Autumn and Happy Tuesday! :)
      September 5, 2017 1:49 AM MDT

• Are you discussing the vile racism of Black Lives Matter, Black Panthers, Black Muslims, Antifa, lunatic left wing fanatics, etc.? That is dreadful. Allowing such racists to demolish statues that have stood over a century is appalling indeed!
      September 5, 2017 2:29 PM MDT

(left-wing)
      September 5, 2017 5:10 PM MDT