Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » If the environment in which you are brought up is replete with hate where and how do you learn how to love? Hate displaces love. Doesn't it?

If the environment in which you are brought up is replete with hate where and how do you learn how to love? Hate displaces love. Doesn't it?

Posted - September 5, 2017

Responses

Love is the most powerful emotion in existence. It's by far more powerful than hate. "If I speak in the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I have become a clanging gong or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy and understand all the sacred secrets and all the knowledge, and if I have all the faith so as to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing, ( or useless). And if I give all my belongings to feed others, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I do not benefit at all." (1corinthians 13:1-3)
      September 6, 2017 11:15 PM MDT

I used to believe that Autumn but I no longer do. There is so much hate these days it is overwhelming. Hate kills a lot of people. Hate harms a lot of people. Haters do not stop hating. They just hate more it seems. Have you ever personally known someone who hated and learned to replace the hate with love? I haven't. When hate takes over there is no room for anything else. When haters band together and act in unison there is no force that can stop them...especially if they are all carrying loaded guns. I wish I felt differently but I don't. In a time when a US prez represents racists and bigots and no one stops him what hope is there?
      September 9, 2017 5:32 AM MDT

Rosie if you don't respect the bible as God's inspired word, then that is why you are so disillusioned with present conditions. These same conditions are what the bible alerts us to. Because of all the hatred and lawlessness that surrounds us, this world is about to learn a lesson many will never recover from. Their refusal to conform to God's righteous and very lofty standards will cost them a most high price. The signs of the end of this system of things are all too obvious!! Yet most refuse to believe. So it will be just as in the days before the global flood, when no one listened until it was too late. (Matthew 24:36-39)
      September 14, 2017 11:39 PM MDT

I think it's in our genes to basically help others of our species.......it every one was just me me me and take everything for them selves the world population could never have reached so many billions in population....

Those that want to take by force are a small minority ......we all die with time and that allows change.......
    Gengis Karn ruled took most of the know world by force as did the Romans ......One German tried and failed England stole America,Canada  with the French ....stole Austraila ,New Zealand....the Spanish and Portuguese took South America....
    Now we are all mostly nearly civilized .......still all ruled by the greedy from the Middle East.....yet when disasters strike most nations send aid......

We hear of only the bad things in the papers and TV newscast........it sells papers and creates fortunes for so many money orrintated greddy people...

More good things happen in the world .....we just don't hear about them because money and control comes from keeping people worried and fearful of their lives......
    Its the reason making munitions and weapons that kill is so profitable.....without scaremongering and fear those that make those things would go out of business I feel 

September 15, 2017 2:03 AM MDT