Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Devbir Kalsi, a Floridian, flew his parents in from India to help him beat his wife. A family that beats up someone together stays together?

Devbir Kalsi, a Floridian, flew his parents in from India to help him beat his wife. A family that beats up someone together stays together?

Devbir is 33. You'd think he could handle beating his wife on his own. Apparently not. The parents are Jasbir and Bhupinder Kalsi. The victim has a 1-year-old child. India does not revere women
apparently. Or they do if they will beat other women up. Different customs in different lands. This custom should have stayed in India and not been imported to the United States. We don't want to give wife beaters any ideas after all. Do we?

Posted - September 6, 2017

Responses

So they came over and beat a child?  I thought they came to beat the wife. I suspect a failure to communicate here. They probably meant to say; " convince the wife to behave." 
      September 6, 2017 6:54 AM MDT

Where did I say that? They came to beat the wife.  Which is what I said. Please read again what I asked and then let me know why you got it so screwed up.
      September 6, 2017 11:13 AM MDT

That must be one pussified husband if he had to call in his family to come from India to help him beat his wife.  The wife should have beat the crap out of him!
      September 6, 2017 11:06 AM MDT

It is certainly not a good advertisement for Indian men. Calling on daddy and mummy to help him beat the crap outta his wife. Whatta WUSS. I wonder if the 1-year-old watched? Thank you for your reply Spunky and Happy Wednesday! :)
      September 6, 2017 11:15 AM MDT

Women in India are not at all revered, as in other countries.  Glad I'm an American woman. :)
      September 6, 2017 11:48 AM MDT

Boy oh boy me too! Hard to believe but terribly true. Thank you for your reply Spunky and Happy Thursday! :)
      September 7, 2017 2:28 AM MDT

Happy Thursday. :)
      September 7, 2017 10:41 AM MDT

Thanks Spunky. Happy Friday to thee from me! :)
      September 8, 2017 1:35 AM MDT

Agreed. Abuse is something we definitely don't need imported. (Unfortunately we all know we have enough abuse without adults bringing in more adults to help.)

I read about this story, too. I let it upset me but who wouldn't be upset?

September 6, 2017 12:07 PM MDT

All of it seemed so matter-of-fact WQ. Fact after fact was reported just like reporting on a birthday party or wedding celebration. Without women Indian men would not exist. Their lives depend upon women being in it so to beat them seems ungrateful at the very least. Biting the hand that nurtured them and caused them to be born. Weird and odd and terrible exists everywhere in the world. Will it ever not be true the horrible things people do to one another? Probably not. There is something beastly in humans that causes some of them to act monstrousely toward one another. SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      September 7, 2017 2:34 AM MDT

You know NOTHING about India.   Stick to what you know. 

This could have happened in TEXAS during the hurricane and then you could blame the hurricane on the act.

How can you be so ridiculous?   Sometimes you really irritate me with this idiocy.

First of all India is the most peaceful of countries in MANY ways.  They are also very backwards in many ways.  JUST LIKE AMERICA.  If there are criminals there, there are criminals everywhere.  Get it?

1.32 billion

India·Population

And you found a criminal.  WOW.  I am shocked. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 7, 2017 11:27 AM MDT
      September 7, 2017 10:45 AM MDT