Active Now

DannyPetti
Element 99
Slartibartfast
Randy D
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Is fake news idiocy the result of the conspiracy theory obsessed or is it the other way around? Conspiracy theorists create fake news?

Is fake news idiocy the result of the conspiracy theory obsessed or is it the other way around? Conspiracy theorists create fake news?

Chicken or the egg? Which came first?.

Posted - September 7, 2017

Responses

First of all this question is loaded. You obviously dont like alternate news channels, so for those who do, why would they even want to answer a question like this, it would be futile.
      September 7, 2017 5:04 AM MDT

I ask questions that occur to me. I always have and I always will. I don't know how to ask any other kind. I don't consider whether or not someone will answer them. I expect there are folks out there who might be so disposed. You are not. You question why I ask this question? I just told you. Because it occurred to me. That's all the reason I ever need. I do not edit what I ask. I do not wonder whether carbonproduct or anyone else will approve of it. That is not my concern here or my job.  I don't ever waste my time asking the questions that occur to me cp. They are not accidental. They are all substantial to me. Even the ones that are wildly odd. I certainly hope I answered your question so you will never have to ask it again. That would be wasting your time wouldn't it? :( This post was edited by RosieG at September 7, 2017 5:42 AM MDT
      September 7, 2017 5:39 AM MDT

Careful, Carb; you're going to end up on her list. Lol!
    --
      September 7, 2017 5:57 AM MDT

•   September 7, 2017 5:54 AM MDT

I think it is a counter-attack against the dems that call Fox-new "Faux"-news
      September 7, 2017 5:58 AM MDT

I think fake news was created by the 24 news channels and their desire for money and ratings. When then news was on twice a day, conspiracy theorists were much less common and much more identifiable.

The thing I miss most about twice a day news is the actual reporting of news. They had an hour, they didn't have time to worry about someone's choice of shoes or what celebrity sat in their gated home with armed security telling the rest of the country what scum they are for not welcoming illegal immigrants into their home.

It was national (political, weather tragedies, economy) first, then local, then sports, then weather, then good night and we'll see you tomorrow.
    This post was edited by RoseS at September 7, 2017 7:16 AM MDT
      September 7, 2017 6:53 AM MDT