Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » C'est la vie! When you're a kid you fantasize about all the things you're gonna do WHEN you grow up. Do you or did you lose interest?

C'est la vie! When you're a kid you fantasize about all the things you're gonna do WHEN you grow up. Do you or did you lose interest?

Your WHEN will arrive one day and then? Do you actually do any of the things you were going to do "WHEN" or when your when is here you no longer care? I mean isn't that a kick in the head?

Posted - September 9, 2017

Responses

Originally, I wanted to 'become a famous scientist', but quickly noted I was awful at math. Then I read about Thomas Edison, and figured I could be a famous inventor.  When I was like 10 or 12, I came up with the idea of a steel belted tire. At the time, I didn't know they already had been invented. This sort of thought process continued into my young adult years. As my knowledge of motorcycles and all terrain vehicles advanced, I began to create new products and related ideas in my mind. Since I was rather poor in those days, I was in no position to financially market these ideas, so in 1987, I published a whole list of items in a trade journal. I figured I might as well put the ideas out there and see what happens. Some of the ideas actually went into production. A French company began producing helmets with ventilation fans built in. Not very popular, but the colored ATV tires were popular for a while. There were other things that soon came about after my ideas hit the journal. 
      September 9, 2017 7:20 AM MDT