Active Now

Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Business » Should Equifax be forced to shut down and pay fines until they cry like they make us cry?

Should Equifax be forced to shut down and pay fines until they cry like they make us cry?

#FascistCorporateEvilDevils

Posted - September 9, 2017

Responses

Yes.

I'm amazed at humanity's Sublime and Supreme Belief in the Almighty God of Technology and humanity knowingly puts all this confidential information out there into the Wonderland of Clouds (or whatever/wherever), internet, somewhere, someplace - -  all the while throwing up personal information everywhere, knowing. knowing, knowing it will be hacked. It will be hacked. It will be hacked. It WILL. And yet we still put all our trust in it. In Techno-God We Trust!

(It's late -- a family member has been admitted to the hospital for the second time in three days - - I'm a mess. And I'm worried about (and sickened in my soul about) the damn storms everywhere, now and in recent weeks. And earthquakes. All of it.)

So I just spewed out my answer. But I still think it's true This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 10, 2017 11:49 PM MDT
      September 10, 2017 12:07 AM MDT

I agree and you can rant all you want during hard and good times.

September 10, 2017 10:08 AM MDT

Hey, thanks, Mr.Bromide!
    :)
      September 10, 2017 5:33 PM MDT

Yes.  I also think those 3 managers who sold their stock prior to the public being made aware of the breach should have all that money from the sale be taken away from them and be apportioned out and given to all of us AnswerMuggers.  Then they should be thrown in jail.
      September 10, 2017 3:31 PM MDT

I believe it's called "insider trading" when someone buys or sells stock based on information not generally available to the public. I also believe it can be considered to be a crime (except for members of Congress, they get to buy and sell stock based on "insider" information all day long without fear of prosecution as they have exempted themselves from those laws). It can be either a civil or a criminal (felonious) issue.

My guess is that the "managers" are guilty of the felonious kind of insider trading and will suffer the same fate as all those malfeasant bankers that caused and profited off the financial crash in 08/09. There's prescient, after all . . . .
      September 10, 2017 8:11 PM MDT

Yes.  I know S&RP.  I was just being an a$$.  I do that a lot.  
      September 10, 2017 8:16 PM MDT

I figured that was the case, the part about you knowing about it.

I just wanted to make a point that members of Congress engage in the practice all the time. I also wanted point out that the chances of the criminals actually being brought to justice are almost nil.

One other thing that would be interesting is to pull the credit reports of all the officers at the credit reporting companies, those with fiduciary responsibilities, and make them public, seeing as how they gregariously make ours available to their fellow reptilians, or to any hacker, apparently . . . 

(Oh, and the "crash" was in 07/08, I believe, not in 08/09 as I stated earlier although we're still living with that pain.) This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at September 10, 2017 8:35 PM MDT
      September 10, 2017 8:27 PM MDT