Active Now

Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Too many things went on this past week, now everything is over and I feel down !!!

Too many things went on this past week, now everything is over and I feel down !!!

A friend came over and we went out a lot now he´s gone and I feel kind of down.

Why is it that I jump from happy to sad with nothing in between ?

Posted - July 24, 2016

Responses

Maybe because your not thinking that next weekend is only 5 days away (there's 4 weekends in a month and they can all be fun). Cheers!
      July 24, 2016 9:15 PM MDT

• My guess is one of two possibilities.
    Either the sex was mind blowingly good,or, the sex was monumentally aweful.
      July 24, 2016 9:24 PM MDT

LOL, but no , no sex.  Just a good old friend.

July 24, 2016 9:31 PM MDT

Hahaha, here hoping  :-)

July 24, 2016 9:32 PM MDT

• Oh snap, there's the wildcard I didn't factor in.
    No sex. That'll do it.
      July 24, 2016 9:49 PM MDT

You are on an emotional roller-coaster.  It comes with experiencing excitement and also events for the first time.  They were fun and now there is nothing to replace them.  Now, this is normal.   Things will pick up again.   When you feel like this, it may seem it is never coming around again and you need to keep up the momentum.  

So, this doesn't have to be sad or anxiety-filled.  It is just a little different time for awhile.  Find things you love to do alone.  Or without that person, whatever.   And if you cannot find anything, take a hot bath.   Relax.

See.  You are still breathing and there is zero to be sad about.   Eventually, this time will be as nice as the frantic weekend you had.   We need time to recharge.  You need to get used to recharging or you will get crazy and old before your time.

July 24, 2016 9:53 PM MDT

Nope, that´s not always the case, RiverRat.  

You don´t have to bed your friends in order to be happy.

July 24, 2016 10:00 PM MDT

Nice answer.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

July 24, 2016 10:00 PM MDT

• i've felt this way many times. when you really feel 'at home' with someone, when they leave it feels like being homesick, even if it's your home they left. you just have to distract yourself until you adjust.

July 25, 2016 12:03 AM MDT

• I got nothing. All I can do is make light and try to bring out a laugh.
    It's your emotions and you're entitled to them, and in the end only you can understand them or make sense of them. Good luck, hopefully it's a passing sense of despair.
      July 25, 2016 9:35 AM MDT

Yes, very true.

July 25, 2016 10:56 AM MDT

Thanks, RR  :-)

July 25, 2016 10:56 AM MDT