Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » What are three facts* you care to share with us about your forehead?

What are three facts* you care to share with us about your forehead?

*Either amazing, weird, funny, strange, jaw-dropping or boring facts.

~

Posted - September 11, 2017

Responses

It is of the highest quality as it shelters my valuable brain.

It is close friends with my eyebrows.

It secretly envies the forehead of another:

September 11, 2017 12:33 AM MDT

1) I have a really high forehead. In some cultures, it's considered a sign of intelligence. 

2) We all have a line on our skulls that runs down our foreheads vertically from the sides of the skull fusing. The fusing usually happens when we're babies. Mine never fused. I've always been able to feel the gap between the sides if I run a finger across my forehead. Because it's so rare for adults to be this way, it can actually be used to identify my body if police ever have trouble. -_- Remember that. lol 

3) In the past decade or so, I've had a crease or vertical wrinkle appear over the top of the line. There isn't a physiological reason for this to be linked to the lack of fusion, but a concept referred to as "brain lines" suggests it's more about the faces I make, and that the vertical wrinkle means I'm intuitive. 
      September 11, 2017 1:24 AM MDT

The fusing on your skull does not run down your forehead or across the forehead.  It is the coronal suture on the top and the sagittal  sutures that human beings have on the skull. 

There is no gap across your forehead.

???  What are you talking about?   Either we are addressing a different suture or you are not on the forehead.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 11, 2017 12:40 PM MDT
      September 11, 2017 9:59 AM MDT

The frontal/ metopic suture.

September 11, 2017 12:21 PM MDT

Sensing a good one, Randolph D reaches for the popcorn and settles down in his favorite recliner . . .

~
      September 11, 2017 6:16 PM MDT

1. The skin on my forehead is the same color as the rest of my face.
    2. The hairline on my forehead grows in a 'widow's peak'.
    3. Despite my advance age, I have no wrinkles, furrows or lines on my forehead.
      September 11, 2017 5:39 AM MDT

September 11, 2017 7:17 AM MDT

it's its own eco system
    all kinds of things growing there...LOL This post was edited by Baba at September 11, 2017 2:47 PM MDT
      September 11, 2017 9:13 AM MDT

I have had a line in the middle of it since I was a  kid.   (a wrinkle not the bone of the forehead)

It is not very large

Right where it ends, eyebrows start.   (I'm sneaking in extras.)   The muscle is the frontalis muscle.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 11, 2017 2:49 PM MDT
      September 11, 2017 9:52 AM MDT

• 1)  It is directly in front of my afthead.
    2)  The skin that covers it is not called the foreskin.
    3)  Its shape I'm blaming on my forefathers.

September 11, 2017 12:37 PM MDT

Its above my eye brows but below my hair line.

Its shiny if i dont powder it.

It has fine lines on it.
      September 11, 2017 12:39 PM MDT

1. I like to call it a fivehead.
    2. I have a scar in the middle of it from hitting my face on the footboard of a bed after jumping on it. My mom has the same scar from doing the same thing when she was little. 
    3. It was the first place I noticed lines developing. :'|
      September 11, 2017 6:02 PM MDT