Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I believe Mexico offered help to the US for Harvey victims. Has the US offered help to Mexico for the massive earthquake it suffered?

I believe Mexico offered help to the US for Harvey victims. Has the US offered help to Mexico for the massive earthquake it suffered?

Posted - September 11, 2017

Responses

I haven't heard that we have, but we are in such trouble of our own, that it would seem almost impossible to take our first responders and rescuers away from the devastation right here at home and send them to Mexico.  In fact, I would be at all surprised if Mexico recalls it's own rescue teams. 
      September 11, 2017 8:38 AM MDT

Think this is just the tip of a very deep iceberg Spunky? We don't know what else is out there coming directly at us. Bet Trump isn't too thrilled being prez now. Thank you for your reply!  :)
      September 11, 2017 1:32 PM MDT

I'm not sure.  It's very unusual to have three hurricanes in the Atlantic at the same time.  Let's see how Trump handles things.
      September 11, 2017 4:16 PM MDT

I wonder if Trump regrets being prez? He didn't count on natural disasters booting him off the front page I betcha!. He didn't count on scandals. He bit off way more than he could chew and now we watch to see how he handles the presidency. Thank you for your reply Spunky and Happy Tuesday! :)
      September 12, 2017 3:55 AM MDT

Frankly, as much as I'm tiring of hurricane news 24/7, I'm happy that he's off the front page.  Of course, so is all the other news. :)  I'm sure something is happening elsewhere in the world.

September 12, 2017 1:28 PM MDT

If we stopped handing over money we wouldn't have to ask for any now.

So, I think the whole deal is insane.  Keep enough money for your own emergencies before you dole it out when you don't HAVE it to SPEND.

September 11, 2017 9:32 AM MDT

Just let them pretend they have given each other a billion dollars. That way they can all feel good.

(Who said it could go towards the WALL). 

September 11, 2017 3:13 PM MDT