Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Fashion » Are you Open Minded?

Are you Open Minded?

Are you open to wearing unused plastic garbage, trash, bin bag/liners as clothing.  Why or why not.  Also how come you are open to them or not.

Thanks

Posted - September 12, 2017

Responses

I will say at first this question made me think "what? NO!" I reacted that way because wearing trash bags isn't typical or accepted by society. My personality is very giving/ quite, shy, nice. I'm understanding to people's feelings and want to give things a chance. I don't automatically see something that is different and make fun of it ( like some others on this site ). So I decided to try it. I looked on Pinterest for clothes/outfit ideas and was surprised to find so much and how cute and creative the outfits were. Women were walking runways, girls were wearing them to their proms, this was a whole new world that I had discovered, not some bizarre weird thing that some people on this site have treated it. WOW!! I got some great ideas, went to the store, bought supplies- decorative colored tape, different colored trash bags, followed tutorials on youtube- YES! there are videos on how to make different trash bag dresses, and made: dresses, shirts, skirts and shorts. I've worn them out to dinner parties and out shopping. No one stops and points or stares or screams in horror, they are regular clothes. Please be open minded and make clothes/outfits out of trash bags, especially if you are creative. Here is a picture of me in a dress I made:
      September 17, 2017 7:31 PM MDT

• Wow! That dress is amazing Ally, 
    You look incredible! : )

September 19, 2017 1:58 PM MDT

thank you :) This post was edited by ally at September 19, 2017 8:05 PM MDT
      September 19, 2017 5:02 PM MDT

Only for a brief period after my annual Lobotomy...... :)p
      September 19, 2017 2:03 PM MDT

I had an open mind and look what I
    made:
    This post was edited by ally at September 20, 2017 1:20 AM MDT
      September 19, 2017 9:27 PM MDT

Looks good......lol......
    You should should try wearing latex........it looks and feels amazing to ,but like plastic if doesn't breath so tends to make you sweaty......it's defiantly not for summer wear.....lol 
      September 19, 2017 10:56 PM MDT

• Wow! You've got a lot of ingenuity.
    Those dresses are very impressive Ally. : )
      September 20, 2017 1:24 AM MDT

I agree, Ally has done a good job.  with a lot of creativity see what she has made and in the summer months as well.  I like it.
      September 20, 2017 7:54 PM MDT