Active Now

Spunky
Thebigd
CosmicWunderkind
Pet Eater
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What does being a CITIZEN of a country mean? Does it automatically confer excellence/superiority on citizens that non-citizens lack? WHY?

What does being a CITIZEN of a country mean? Does it automatically confer excellence/superiority on citizens that non-citizens lack? WHY?

Posted - September 15, 2017

Responses

Im sorry Rosie G. ive read and re-read your question and i cant understand what your asking. Its probably just me. But I do have some useful information for anyone who is looking to become an american citizen. My grandmother took seven years to become a citizen of the United States of America. I never forget the day she came home with her diploma of citizenship. Ive never seen her look so proud. Ive never been more proud of someone ever in my whole life. ;)

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/files/M-1051.pdf

September 15, 2017 7:12 AM MDT

• RosieG, does being a citizen make you superior than a non-citizen from a purely human stand point? no it doesn't. However, citizens do "legally" have have more rights and privileges than non-citizens. 
      September 15, 2017 7:46 AM MDT

It means you matter more than people who aren't. It means that the interests of the citizenry should be put first.

Treating citizens differently from non citizens is like treating family differently from non family, or like treating friends differently from those you aren't friends with. It's normal. 

The left left wages war on citizenship because its long term goal is world government. It does the same with almost every other "in group". The less a person can depend on an "in group" to help them, the more the dependent they are on the state. That's what leftism is; the destruction of all human connection until the only relationship that exists is between the individual and the state. It's a relationship between a slave and their master.

The only "in group" the left promotes is racial identity because it sees this as a mechanism to undermine the culture of liberty and capitalism that came from western Europe. It hopes to link capitalism to white supremacy for propaganda purposes. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at September 17, 2017 3:50 AM MDT
      September 17, 2017 3:47 AM MDT