Discussion » Questions » Language » So does the language you use indicate whether you are a "real man" per a boxer* or an uneducated crass boor who doesn't respect women?

So does the language you use indicate whether you are a "real man" per a boxer* or an uneducated crass boor who doesn't respect women?

*Floyd Mayweather

Posted - September 15, 2017

Responses

I boxed. There's no correlation between sporting prowess and one's behaviour towards women, it's more a case of being fawned on and thus thinking you're God. Australian cricketer Shane Warne was much the same - although I've never heard of him beating a woman up, he was forever chasing anything in a skirt despite being married. Clinton. JFK. Even Franklin Roosevelt played the field, despite being a poliomyelitis cripple. The Floyd just doesn't take rejection well, and since hitting things is what he does best, that's how he deals with it.
      September 15, 2017 3:37 PM MDT

So an endorsement from Mayweather isn't really flattering to Trump? Or will he lap it up, suck it up, absorb any tiny little bit of support from any source at any time or place from any race? Thank you for your thoughtful answer Sbf. I am always amazed at the nerve/gall/chutzpah some folks have when they speak for others with such certainty. Who the he** do they think they are? SIGH
      September 16, 2017 4:50 AM MDT