Active Now

Spunky
Thebigd
CosmicWunderkind
Pet Eater
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Sometimes you don't realize what a great bargain you got until many years later. Know what I mean? Ever experience it?

Sometimes you don't realize what a great bargain you got until many years later. Know what I mean? Ever experience it?

Posted - September 16, 2017

Responses

I bought a guitar for $75 from a hock shop. Found out later that it's a 1962 Alvarez, made in Texas and possibly worth thousands.
      September 16, 2017 8:25 PM MDT

Excellent and awesome Sbf! I don't know if you receive the TV show "Antiques Roadshow" in Australia but I watch it all the time. It's such a great show and sometimes folks will have picked up something or were given something and they bring it there for appraisal. There is a lot of "I don't believe it" that goes on. Will you have it appraised and insured or have you already done that? You play guitar? Excellent and awesome. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :) I just did a quick Google search 'cause I had never heard of Alvarez. It was the choice of Paul McCartney, Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash which you undoubtedly know! And there are ten different types..all acoustic. Whoa and Wow!  You're in really good company m'dear! This post was edited by RosieG at September 17, 2017 2:11 AM MDT
      September 17, 2017 2:06 AM MDT