Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Seems like Donald wants your internet access, will he survive if he attempts to interfere?

Seems like Donald wants your internet access, will he survive if he attempts to interfere?

“Loser terrorists must be dealt with in a much tougher manner. The internet is their main recruitment tool which we must cut off and use better!”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/15/donald-trump-says-parsons-green-attacker-demented-terrorist/

Posted - September 17, 2017

Responses

In other words.....remove terrorists websites, remove their videos from youtube etc...this does NOT mean take everyone's internet. 
      September 17, 2017 2:12 PM MDT

I'm inclined to agree with you but my concern is that if governments starts to 'cut off and use better' the internet to anyone who it sees as an enemy/opposition, then you can totally forget the concept of free speech.
      September 17, 2017 2:22 PM MDT

Our president is a pathological liar.  Will he stop at removing just terrorist videos, etc, as suggested in another post? This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at September 17, 2017 5:42 PM MDT
      September 17, 2017 3:07 PM MDT

Just what we need, Trump and his inept band of minions interfering with the internet. What could possibly go wrong?
      September 17, 2017 4:25 PM MDT

I'm sure all will be well as long as Donald can still...............
      September 17, 2017 6:38 PM MDT

It will never stop boggling my mind that this dangerous, immoral, dishonest, mentally unstable, incompetent idiot is our President.
      September 17, 2017 6:42 PM MDT

September 18, 2017 9:27 AM MDT

Welcome to Cartoon Central.  
      September 18, 2017 9:28 AM MDT

Sorry.  Not in the mood for cartoons?

Here is reality.  My new favorite pic.

September 18, 2017 9:31 AM MDT

Lol..... it's all good. Was just reading you putting your "two cents" in on another thread, still hoping to find intelligent life on another planet. ;-)
      September 18, 2017 9:38 AM MDT

If I keep talking to her, she won't stop.  She thinks by saying ANYTHING no matter how lame, makes her the winner if she keeps going.

She always wins.  I cannot take more than a few exchanges.  I don't have the stamina for total boring repetition.
      September 18, 2017 9:43 AM MDT

Of course you know you're fighting a losing battle. Like her idol, she'll never admit to being wrong. That's just Trump 101. Plus she's probably surrounded by Trumpanzees who wouldn't take kindly to her "seeing the light."
      September 18, 2017 9:52 AM MDT

The 2 pennies stands alone.  She and Donald forever.

September 18, 2017 10:05 AM MDT

What is even more mind boggling is that enough Americans actually voted for him to become POTUS, so what does that say about America in general?
      September 17, 2017 7:12 PM MDT

Quite scary what it says about America in general. Trust me, I'm way more upset with Trump supporters than I am with Trump. Trump always has been and always will be Trump. But knowing I'm surrounded by people who would put that vulgar piece of trash into office has made me close to being physically ill. And I was never even into politics before. It's just horrifying to think about the ugliness that lies in the heart of human beings which would allow them to accept a Donald Trump as their leader.
      September 17, 2017 7:36 PM MDT

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time." - Abraham Lincoln

For many...
      September 18, 2017 7:52 AM MDT

Too true Beans, too true.
      September 18, 2017 9:15 AM MDT

September 17, 2017 8:39 PM MDT

Sad, but pretty much the bottom line.
      September 17, 2017 8:43 PM MDT

Uh, you guys already had the Patriot Act, which became the Freedom Act (or was it the other way round?). I'm not sure what else Trump could do to interfere with your internet activity. Over here, it took until the Conservatives were in power without the Liberal Democrats, then they brought in the Investigatory Powers Act, which is the same thing. That is the official name. It is commonly referred to as the Snoopers Charter.
    There is a basic difference in attitudes between Britain and America. Your government wrap something in the flag, use words like "Patriotism" and "Freedom", and millions of Americans seem to lap it up. We, on the other hand, are more cynical about government in general, and see it as snooping. Unwanted, unwarranted, snooping. There is nothing wrong with investigating people you have reason to suspect, but the general monitoring of internet, telephone, or whatever, activity of the entire populace, that is going too far!
    One more point. Trump had his travel ban on various Muslim majority countries. He did not include Saudi Arabia, which is the country most of the terrorism comes from, indeed, the home of Bin Laden/Al Queda. Of course, America, and Britain, for that matter, has trade deals with the Saudis. We may have well sold them weapons that ended up being used against us. Sadly, Trump is not the only politician to blame here, as successive governments in various Western countries have made such deals. It just proves Trump a hypocrite for talking tough on fighting Islamic terrorism, while in reality, he just goes where the money is, the same as all the others.
      September 18, 2017 6:00 AM MDT

We must CUT IT OFF

.... and use it BETTER.

What could that ONLY mean?

Let's see.  Trump needs it, big business needs it.   We don't need it.  You see, we can trust OUR FATHER WHO ART IN THE WHITE HOUSE to internet responsibly.

We are the ones that don't know any better.

The whole problem is that BIG GOVERNMENT is screwing up the internet.  WHY NOT SEE THE TRUTH.

BIG GOVERNMENT HAS NO BUSINESS ANYWHERE NEAR THE INTERNET.  Anywhere in the world.

How do we contain that, TRUMP?

September 18, 2017 9:30 AM MDT

I know what I think of cutting off...
      September 22, 2017 9:11 AM MDT

That's been done by his former wives.

September 22, 2017 9:53 AM MDT