Active Now

Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
bookerdana
Discussion » Questions » Business » "Tax cuts increase the funds available to buy machinery to reduce work force people"! What say YOU about that?

"Tax cuts increase the funds available to buy machinery to reduce work force people"! What say YOU about that?

Those are not my words. They are the words of an Answermug pal who replied to my question about whether tax cuts increase jobs. Obviously they don't. They DECREASE them because automation increases and the need for human workers decreases. BRILLIANT. Whatcha think?

Posted - September 18, 2017

Responses

That is not what happened to Amerocan manufacturing jobs. The factories closed. They left the country. Starting with Clinton signing NAFTA....and continuing with other send my job away...err....Free Trade deals.

The jobs were not replaced with robots. They are gone.
      September 18, 2017 4:24 AM MDT

I wonder why you refuse to accept the fact that automation and robots are increasingly replacing humans m2c? You ignore that completely. I cannot recall your once EVER having addressed the issue . Thank you for your reply.
      September 18, 2017 6:13 AM MDT

Because I am old enough to know when the good manufacturing jobs disappeared from my home town and neighboring towns, it was not automation. It was the jobs left...they were moved to Mexico. Shortly after NAFTA was signed. I have family members who were required to train the new employees to take thier job to Mexico.  They were instructed not to tell the Mexican workers how much they were making per hour. (Personally I would have told them all...what is management gonna do "fire me"...hahah?)
    I know zero people who have lost a job to automation  but plenty who lost it to the job leaving the country. 
    Automation does replace some jobs but also creates other jobs. They said the same thing about computers.....how many people work because of computers today?
      September 18, 2017 6:26 AM MDT