Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Is there anything that can be done to make iron supplements work faster or boost energy while waiting?

Is there anything that can be done to make iron supplements work faster or boost energy while waiting?

I've been anemic for as long as I can remember and I take iron supplements. I've been super exhausted lately, and it finally dawned on me to check my supplements to see if something was up with them. The store was out of my regular brand last time, so I bought what they had, not realizing it was half the dose I normally take. Mystery solved. I started back on my normal dose yesterday. Last time I started supplements, it took two full weeks before I felt better- and that was on target for what my doctor said- 2-3 weeks. 

I don't want to be tired for two weeks. :'( Do any of you have experience with anemia? Is there anything that can be done while waiting on your stores to build back up?

Failing that, what are the odds I can get away with staying in bed for the next two weeks straight? 

Posted - September 18, 2017

Responses

If you get bored, call me---or just search with this phrase:   "how to increase the effectiveness of iron supplements"

September 19, 2017 4:19 PM MDT