Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » The end will come one day. Will it be catastrophic/cataclysmic or will it sneak up on us quietly? Will we be notified in advance? By whom?

The end will come one day. Will it be catastrophic/cataclysmic or will it sneak up on us quietly? Will we be notified in advance? By whom?

Posted - September 19, 2017

Responses

The Bible has told us in advance. 
      September 19, 2017 1:02 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      September 27, 2017 3:23 AM MDT

Jehovah God has been sounding out the warning through his servants for close to a century. The time of the end has been likened to the days of Noah before the flood. Just as the world was warned then of a global cataclysmic event, so the warning has been sounded out about the day of Armageddon. (Matthew 24:36-39)The God of justice has always given fair warning so that those that wish to do so can survive. The bible speaks of instances when God issued notice of divine retribution on certain nations. The most notable of these is the nation of Israel. Time after time Jehovah God sent word to them warning them of future doom. Yet they ignored his warnings. History has proven God was not lying. An example of his divine judgement is what befell Judah in the year 70 c.e. the prophet assigned the task of sounding out the warning was none other than the Lord Jesus Christ. (Matthew 24:3-22)jesus Christ instructed his true disciples to flee to the mountains. Those that heeded the warning, followed directions and were spared the destruction the rest of the rebellious Jews suffered. So today, most have already been given the warning of the impending destruction this system of things will suffer. It is a personal choice if the person will listen or not. Jehovah God has been most patient, desiring that all would gain salvation. (2peter 3:9)
      September 26, 2017 10:40 PM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Autumn. Is Donald John Trump going to be the instrument of our destruction or our salvation? It's a rhetorical question. Happy Wednesday m'dear! ;)
      September 27, 2017 3:22 AM MDT

Hi rosie, i had not read this post, or even remembered posting it. Alot has happened since you asked this question. Bible prophecy continues to dominate the world scene. Though many, even most refuse to admit its validity. God Almighty as Sovereign of the universe is in full control of matters. Isaiah 46:10,11 states: "from the beginning i foretell the outcome, and from long ago the things that have not yet been done.  I say, 'My decision will stand, And i will do whatever i please.' I am calling a bird of prey from the sunrise, from a distant land the man to carry out my decision. I have spoken, and i will bring it about. I have purposed it, and i will bring it about. I have purposed it, and i will also carry it out."
      May 10, 2018 11:35 PM MDT

Hi Autumn! Every day a lot happens. It's really impossible to keep up with it all. The absurd and unbelievable is always followed by more absurd and unbelievable. How long can you shake your head before you get a permanent pain in the neck? Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Friday m'dear!  :)
      May 11, 2018 2:23 AM MDT

(2 Timothy 3:1-4) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God,

(2 Timothy 3:13) But wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse, misleading and being misled.
      May 11, 2018 9:32 AM MDT

Always nice to hear from you! Know that i wish you all the best. Also, may the God of all comfort keep you in his care.(2Corinthians 1:3,4)
      May 11, 2018 10:42 PM MDT

If you really want to know, look up the relevant scriptures in your copy of the Bible or you can click on the cited verses in this article:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20120915/world-end/

How This World Will Come to an End

September 27, 2017 5:54 AM MDT

Hi tex, how did you know I was looking for this particular article? :) thanks buddy!!!! :D
      September 27, 2017 4:46 PM MDT

You're welcome, lol.
      September 28, 2017 1:26 AM MDT

Excellent article---I am comforted by the fact that Paul knows that the JW's will apparently be the first to go.

One future development is mentioned by Paul in his letter to the Thessalonians. (Read 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3.) He draws attention to “Jehovah’s day.” As used here, “Jehovah’s day” refers to the period that will start with the destruction of false religion and will culminate in the war of Armageddon.

May 11, 2018 10:14 AM MDT

False religion by your standards, nothing like Bible standards. Your Church is the most murderous in all of history, even though y'all don't burn people at the stake for translating or accepting the Bible or rejecting your 4th century trinity god.

It's funny how you go in and make a jab and then when scriptures are shown in context, you leave to show your disgruntled head in another.

https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/02616a.htm

History of the ancient Unitas Fratrum (1457-1722)

The Bohemian Brethren are a link in a chain of sects beginning with Wyclif (1324-84) and coming down to the present day. The ideas of the Englishman found favour with Hus, and Bohemia proved a better soil for their growth than EnglandBoth Wyclif and Hus were moved by a sincere desire to reform the Church of their times; both failed and, without intending it, became the fathers of new heretical bodies — the Lollards and the Hussites. The former were persecuted out of existence in England by Catholic rulers;the latter prospered in Bohemia, thanks to royal and national support.The burning of John Hus at the stake for his stubborn adherence to the condemned doctrines of Wyclif (at Constance, 6 July, 1415) was considered an insult to the faith of the Bohemian nation, which, since its first conversion to Christianity, had never swerved from the truth. The University of Prague came boldly forward to vindicate the man and his doctrines; the party which hitherto had worked at reforming the Church from within now rejected the Church's authority and became the Hussite sect. Divisions at once arose amongst its members. Some completely set aside the authority of the Church and admitted no other rule than the Bible;others only demanded Communion under both kinds for the laity and free preaching of the Gospel, with some minor reforms. The former, who met for worship at "Mount Tabor", were called Taborites; the latter received the name of Calixtines, i.e., the party of the Chalice. As long as they had a common enemy to fight they fought together under the leadership of that extraordinary man, John Trocznowski, known as Zizka (the one-eyed), and for fully fifteen years proved more than a match for the imperial armies and papal crusaders sent to crush them. Peace was at length obtained, not by force of arms, but by skilful negotiations which resulted in the "Compactata of Basle" (30 November, 1433). The compact was chiefly due to the concessions made by the Calixtine party; it found little or no favour with the Taborites. The discontent led to a feud which terminated at the Battle of Lippau (30 May, 1434) with the death of Procopius, the Taborite leader, and the almost total extinction of this party. The small remnant, too insignificant to play a role in politics, withdrew into private life, devoting all their energies to religion. In 1457 one section formed itself into a separate body under the name of the "Brethren's Union" (Unitas Fratrum), which is now generally spoken of as the Bohemian Brethren. Their contemporaries coined for them several opprobrious designations, such as Jamnici (cave-dwellers) and Pivnicnici (beerhouse men), Bunzlau Brethren, Picards (corrupted toPickarts), etc.

(John 16:2, 3) Men will expel you from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone who kills you will think he has offered a sacred service to God. 3 But they will do these things because they have not come to know either the Father or me.
      May 11, 2018 8:13 PM MDT

What I say is dispositive relative to your posts---I simply point out what I see to be your errors.

You are the one that seems to want to convince everybody that you are right.  I don't have that burden.

The Bible is an exposition of "good news."  You treat it like an intellectual straight jacket that you force God to wear.

You've lost on a common sense basis before you even start stringing verses together to try and prove your points.

Edit: It's not pleasant to watch you try to prove some of what you try to prove---so I don't always return to see what you have regurgitated.  (Regurgitated--- repeat (information) without analyzing or comprehending it.) This post was edited by tom jackson at May 22, 2018 9:52 PM MDT
      May 22, 2018 9:48 PM MDT

Tom, you quite often try to point out that the Catholic Church is Christ' Church or is the true Church or the Church that Christ established. You just don't have scriptural support.
    Jesus and the apostles preached the truth to their neighbors as Christians are supposed to. 

Don't know if all of these links are still good but your Church has tried to get Catholics to go door to door like Christians.

You're fellow Catholic's were going to go door to door a few times:

https://www.valleymorningstar.com/common/printer/view.php?db=vmstar&id=32828
    DiNardo's visit was designed to coincide with the launch of the annual Disciples in Mission campaign, an evangelization effort that trains Catholics to go door-to-door to preach the Gospel.

https://www.historicalchristian.com/my_weblog/2009/01/happy-new-year-and-lots-of-good-news.html
    The class is meant for all Catholics, to thoroughly ground them in a deep theological understanding of their own gospel message, and is also meant to serve as the theological foundation for anyone who wants to move on into the door-to-door training.

(Acts 5:42) And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.
    (Acts 17:17) Consequently he began to reason in the synagogue with the Jews and the other people who worshiped [God] and every day in the marketplace with those who happened to be on hand.
    (Acts 20:20) while I did not hold back from telling YOU any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching YOU publicly and from house to house.
    (2 Timothy 4:2-5) preach the word, be at it urgently in favorable season, in troublesome season, reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all long-suffering and [art of] teaching. 3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories. 5 You, though, keep your senses in all things, suffer evil, do [the] work of an evangelizer, fully accomplish your ministry.
    (Matthew 28:19-20) Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”
    (Luke 6:46) “Why, then, do YOU call me ‘Lord! Lord!’ but do not do the things I say?
    (James 1:1) James, a slave of God and of [the] Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes that are scattered about: Greetings!
    (Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=acts5:42;Acts%2017:17;Acts%2020:20;2Tim%204:2-5&version=NASB;NKJV;NCV;ESV;KJV
      May 23, 2018 6:39 AM MDT

Who is preaching the good news?

(Matthew 24:3) While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
    (Matthew 24:7-14) “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress. 9 “Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, too, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 Many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold. 13 But the one who has endured to the end will be saved. 14 And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

May 11, 2018 9:31 AM MDT