Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Have you ever had a doctor who had little patience with his patients?

Have you ever had a doctor who had little patience with his patients?

Posted - September 20, 2017

Responses

Image result for funny dancing gifsHold up, ill be done in a sec.....
      September 20, 2017 7:41 AM MDT

• Oh yeah, my doctor tries to get as many patients in and out as quickly as possible.
    Sometimes he just scribbles a prescription that I can't understand and he barely even tells me anything unless I start asking questions, like I gotta figure it out for myself.
    He's too quiet and maybe a little arrogant because if he doesn't know what the issue is he won't say and he doesn't want to talk much.
    He's been our family doctor forever and he's good for little things like flushing out my ear or taking metal out of my eye, but I kinda feel like he's so used to people dying that he's a little too ok with it sometimes.
    He didn't get my father airlifted the last time his heart was failing and I wasn't there and my dad died and it bothers me sometimes that absolutely everything wasn't done to save him.
    Or if it was that doctor sure as hell didn't tell me anything about it.
    He is impatient and he doesn't communicate much with his patients.

Time to switch doctors I think.

September 20, 2017 9:17 AM MDT

Indeed. My doctor is just the opposite. He will spend as much time as is needed and answer all of my questions. He is kind of like a buddy. Also, he is a teaching doctor and really knows his stuff.
      September 20, 2017 3:01 PM MDT

A good half of them are like that.  Half of them SUCK.

Maybe more even.

September 20, 2017 9:25 AM MDT

I have had doctors who have been upset when I asked questions or disagreed with their treatment.  I don't use them any longer.
      September 20, 2017 9:51 AM MDT

I had a doctor years ago (we were briefly in the Navy at the same base) who was just the opposite AFTER I chewed his ass. He started his practice in a seedy neighborhood where many of his patients just wanted drugs. He moved outside of town and his patients followed him. When I visited him I told him of some painful conditions and he proceeded to write me a scrip. I refused it and told him I had enough bad habits. Then I called him a pill-pusher and said I needed more personal attention. He actually thanked me as he didn't realize what he was doing. 
      September 20, 2017 3:09 PM MDT

We had a doc in the neighborhood a while back who was big on pain meds.  I went to see him once when I was in excruciating pain from a herniated disk in my lower back.  He gave me a shot of a pain killer in my lower back and it was just enough to get me past the worst of it until the inflammation subsided and I was OK again.
      September 21, 2017 9:30 AM MDT

Do you mean the Doctor was also a Paediatrician or had one with him when he see you ? 
      September 20, 2017 3:26 PM MDT