Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You contribute to a campaign and then to the inauguration of your guy/gal. Do you care HOW or WHERE that money is used?

You contribute to a campaign and then to the inauguration of your guy/gal. Do you care HOW or WHERE that money is used?

Apparently you the people who contributed to the Donald John are paying for the legal costs of The Donald John, The Donald John Junior, maybe  The Jared. It's all in the family you see. Does it matter to you how that money is used? Odd that the very wealthy (as he keeps telling us) Donald John won't pay for his and his family's legal fees out of their vast resources isn't it? Cheapskate in action or just a very good businessman? Why pay your debts if you can get others to pay them for you or welch on them? Isn't that what  ALL good business people do? Not only The Donald John?  SIGH.

Posted - September 23, 2017

Responses

I have made donations in the past... I would prefer to think, that the money would be used appropriately.  Lol!  Realistically though, it would probably be better for our psychological well-being, not to overthink it...  Even our tax dollars are used for some inappropriate things...

...but yes, as a person donating my hard-earned money, I would like to know what it is being used for... (even if they have to lie to me about it ????)
      September 23, 2017 3:44 AM MDT

Once the money is released you have no control over it. You give it in good faith. If the money is used to bribe scumbums or as hush money or for luxury suites at a fancy hotel or for private jets or to buy lawyering for criminals you have no say in it. Sadly. Thank you for your reply Ship Wrecked and Happy Sunday! :)
      September 24, 2017 2:23 AM MDT

No, no I don't just give my money away. Especially not to politicians. There's got to be Quid Pro Quo. There needs to be a return for my support, like nomination to some cushy ambassadorship to the Bahamas or Luxembourg.

Trump is working his game, milking the system. His life is built on it.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 24, 2017 2:23 AM MDT
      September 23, 2017 4:53 AM MDT

You just described a farmer m'dear. We the people are the cash cows and Doofus Donny is farmer milking the he** out of us every whichway he can. A scumbum. Would you really want to work for him in any capacity? Why? Thank you for your reply Don B and Happy Sunday to thee! :)
      September 24, 2017 2:25 AM MDT

This is the reason why I do not contribute to political campaigns of any party. 
      September 23, 2017 12:15 PM MDT

I don't blame you. What oversight is there? What guarantee do you have that the money you give in good faith isn't being used in bad faith? None. Thank you for your reply Spunky and Happy Sunday!  :)
      September 24, 2017 2:27 AM MDT

There is no oversight and I wouldn't want my money used for legal defense.  Happy Sunday, Rosie. :)
      September 24, 2017 8:10 AM MDT

Me too neither. That would indicate the person is a crook! I mean who else needs lawyers? Thank you for your reply Spunky and Happy Monday! :)
      September 25, 2017 3:06 AM MDT

Well, not everyone who hires a lawyer is a crook.  There are time when false charges are brought and you need to defend against them.  However, when it comes to politicians, I'm more likely to think they have done something wrong.  Happy Monday. :)
      September 25, 2017 6:36 AM MDT

It's fine that campaign money is being spent to combat politically motivated lies. That's EXACTLY what campaign money is for.
      September 24, 2017 2:20 AM MDT

She is talking about campaign money being used for the candidate's legal defense against charges that s/he did something wrong.  I doubt that's what it's supposed to be used for.
      September 24, 2017 8:13 AM MDT

If the charges are malicious, which these are, I've no problem with it.
      September 24, 2017 12:54 PM MDT

If you are you talking about advertising by an opponent charging that something is wrong, using campaign funds to refute them is what the money is for; if it's for criminal charges brought by a government agency, that is not the purpose.

Edited for spelling. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at September 25, 2017 6:34 AM MDT
      September 24, 2017 4:20 PM MDT

:):):)
      September 25, 2017 3:07 AM MDT