Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Business » You're in business to sell your product. You don't know to whom you are selling them. Why would you care as long as they pay you for them?

You're in business to sell your product. You don't know to whom you are selling them. Why would you care as long as they pay you for them?

It seems to me if you are in business your goal is to sell as many of what you make to potential customers as you can. You don't ask them to fill out forms giving you any personal information like whom they love or what kind of lifestyle they live. It's none of your business to begin with and what does it matter?

Posted - September 24, 2017

Responses

It's all about marketing my dear Rosie G.  ;) :)  If you are interested in one product, any other similar product or products that goes with the one you just purchased might be of interest to you also.  Advertising companies will try and grab your attention any way they can.
    Everyone will try and sell you products you really DON"T need and pull every last dime out of your pockets.
    It's all about marketing and advertising. ;) :)
      September 24, 2017 12:21 PM MDT

Hi sweetie! Thank you for your reply Merlin and Happy Monday.  I automatically disbelieve all pitches on TV. My Jim usually falls for them. I have investigated companies that gave really scintillating pitches about different products to see what kinds of comments those who engaged with them had and honestly EVERY SINGLE ONE had a lot of bad comments. I don't fall for any of them. Anytime the only goal of anyone is to sell me something so he/she can make more bucks I tune them out  For some reason Jim likes to watch the home shopping network. I can't stand the sales people. They all talk alike, sound alike and seem to be on speed or something. Generally they seem very untrustworthy. :)
      September 25, 2017 2:58 AM MDT

Good Morning Rosie~ :)~ I'm sure you know.  It's going to get back up int the triple digits again this week.  Ugh!  And I'm the one who loves the sun and the beach but enough is enough.. especially when I have to work in a huge, hot, kitchen. It's windy here at the moment.  About 25 mph gusts.  Ick.  I should have swept the carport yesterday.  I knew it!  Winks and Smiles.  Anyway, on another different but similar topic, I ALMOST got SCAMMED TWICE.  Once about a grant (I had applied for one for my mom 18 years ago and once about winning a trip from AT&T.  This last one was the one that I bit at.  We have and use AT&T as our carrier and it did sound reasonable since we have been loyal customers for over 20 years. 
    I literally went to Walmart and took out $500 and stood in line to get a money order to send to these people.  Then, by the graces of God, I came to my senses at the stoke of 12!!  I bailed out an put the money back in our account.  PHEW!  That was close. They have become soooo convincing and so good at this SCAMMING art, it is really hard to tell.
    The saddest thing of all about this (for me at least) is, in this day and age, we can't even think our fellow man is going to do something nice for us.  We all doubt each other and think they are going to steal from us or want something.
    It really is sad.
    HOWEVER... What isn't sad is our friendship and sharing of fun things and being neighbors!  I DO trust you as you me and know everything is great.  Speaking of,  it's 8:30 and I best start getting ready for work.  Have a great Monday and talk to ya soon!  Love ya! Love, Merlin
      September 25, 2017 10:10 AM MDT

Hi there my friend! Happy Tuesday Merlin! Yep. I notice that the temps will increase a bit to the mid-90's for a couple of days and then go back down to the mid-80's. So maybe our triple-digit-days are behind us for this year! Maybe it's really Autumn! Of course Jim reminds me there is always the possibility of Indian Summer in October. I will cross that bridge when we come to it. I'm so suspicious of all sales pitches I will never get scammed. That was a close call for you at Walmart but your instincts kicked in because somewhere inside your common sense got your attention! I do agree that many people automatically distrust everyone and think they all have bad intentions. Not me. It's only salespeople about whom I feel that. I even had someone tell me years ago when I was on Answerbag that anytime he received a compliment from anyone he felt it was because that person wanted something from him! How sad is that? Talk about putting up walls and convicting people before you have any evidence that they are guilty of anything that would be a good example. I give people the benefit of the doubt. BUT they only get one crack at me. Just one. Then I toss them aside and ignore them.  Oh my sister and brother-in-law drove down from Carson City, Nevada to visit us on Sunday. We hadn't seen them in a few years. They will be leaving tomorrow. I really missed having them live close by. We used to get together at least monthly when they lived in southern California. But they now live 463.5 miles  away! A 10-hour drive. So we're enjoying every second. Is your family all close by so you can see them often? How lucky for you if they are. Have a wonderful day at work Merlin! Thank you for your lively and informative and thoughtful reply. :) ((hugs)) Love, Rosie :)
      September 26, 2017 3:09 AM MDT

The firearms manufacturers appreciate your understanding.

But no, they don't want to sell to liberals that go on shooting rampages either.
      September 25, 2017 12:06 PM MDT