Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Do you find the sound of kids playing bothersome or normal?

Do you find the sound of kids playing bothersome or normal?

Like when they're yelling or screaming at home or at a park- not in situations where quiet is expected, like restaurants, stores, libraries, etc. 

Posted - September 24, 2017

Responses

Most of the time I don't mind at all.  The pool.........they scream at the pool...........and run.  That is bothersome to me.
      September 24, 2017 11:27 PM MDT

There is a pre-school behind our building. The kids are outside every day that weather permits and make lots of noise. I find it uplifting to hear those happy sounds in the background.
      September 25, 2017 3:26 AM MDT

There is a pre-school playground across from my apartment and the kids are out most days when it is nice.  I don't even notice they're out there until the one kid that is always shrieking is out there.  I have had to call them and ask them to either tell her to stop screaming or take her inside.  The ear-piercing screams just go right through me.
      September 25, 2017 7:42 AM MDT

I had a glorious childhood. I was poor but didn't know it. I lived with my grandmother and an aunt. I lived in a world with none of the fears most children face daily. We lived in a large Mexican border city. At the time you could sleep outdoors if it was too hot indoors. Or just leave the living room door open so the cool air could come inside. Those are a few of my child hood memories. I know we must have driven the neighbors crazy with our constant yelling. Now when I hear my grandkids I feel a bit of nostalgia. This post was edited by Autumnleaves at December 29, 2017 6:44 AM MST
      December 27, 2017 11:44 PM MST