Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » When you investigate a product/company on the internet how do you know that the comments you read are authentic?

When you investigate a product/company on the internet how do you know that the comments you read are authentic?

How do you know that the company doesn't pay people for good reviews and that competitors don't pay people for negative reviews?

Posted - September 25, 2017

Responses

The same way you know what the media reports is true. Oh, wait....
      September 25, 2017 9:24 AM MDT

I never trust a review if it is on the sellers website. I usually go to ripoff report and see how often they are on there.
      September 27, 2017 7:27 PM MDT

I don't understand what a "ripoff" report is m2c.   What I do is just Google the company and see what comes up. Often there are many "comments" choices among the various sites and I just start reading those but to be honest with you I don't pay much attention to the source. I will now. Of course if it is a company website they will/can control the content. That has always bothered me. Just like when you read these "rave" reviews in the paper about movies or plays or TV shows. How do you know the people aren't being PAID to write them? The good reviews are paid for by the creators and the negative reviews are paid for by the competition. AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      September 28, 2017 2:28 AM MDT

http:/www.ripoffreport.com/
      September 28, 2017 4:28 AM MDT