Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When you're unhappy for any reason do you milk it, thrive on it, feed it or do you get over it as quickly as you can and move past it? Why?

When you're unhappy for any reason do you milk it, thrive on it, feed it or do you get over it as quickly as you can and move past it? Why?

Posted - September 26, 2017

Responses

I just keep boiling and seething about it forever.  I'm not very forgiving if somebody hurts me.
      September 26, 2017 5:54 AM MDT

Are you teasing me Liv or serious? If you are serious you do know that you are harming yourself most of all, don't you? You keep repoisoning yourself with the venom that hurt you once. That makes no sense. Someone hurts you and then you spend the rest of your life reliving it? You are joking aren't you? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! This post was edited by RosieG at September 27, 2017 4:00 AM MDT
      September 26, 2017 6:07 AM MDT

No, I'm serious.  I really don't know how to forgive people unless it's a little thing like what my husband and I call "harrumph moments" which is when nothing bad was meant but it just sounded bad so yeah, I can forgive those but I just don't know how to forgive the big really hurtful things.
      September 26, 2017 5:11 PM MDT

I think we're on the same page here honey. I don't forgive or forget but I just let it go. I know that sounds contradictory but it works for me. I can't unknow what I know. But I can make sure I don't keep bleeding. I absolutely avoid the folks who are toxic. I don't dwell on it. Sometimes a thought will cross my mind ab out a long-ago disappointment/pain but I dismiss it. Do I wish those things had never happened? Of course. But I wish you could let it go enough so that you'd rarely ever think about it and when you do it doesn't pain you. The only way I can describe is to to distance yourself from it. I know that's not easy to do but you just have to accept some things in life suck and then move on from it. Remember that you can learn something from everything you experience and everyone whom you encounter if you try. If someone hurt you ten years ago and it still hurts and you still relieve it what do you gain from it or get from it? Some folks are wonderful...some are averagely typical...some are rotten bums. Focus on the wonderful ones. Relive THOSE memories. I know you can do it! Thank you for your reply Liv! :)
      September 27, 2017 4:07 AM MDT

Learn from it and move on. Life is too short to dwell in misery. This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 27, 2017 4:08 AM MDT
      September 26, 2017 4:37 PM MDT

Agree! :)
      September 27, 2017 4:08 AM MDT