Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are you living your present life each day with appreciation/gratitude or are you absent from it because you focus on the "afterlife"? Why?

Are you living your present life each day with appreciation/gratitude or are you absent from it because you focus on the "afterlife"? Why?

Posted - September 26, 2017

Responses

Each moment, every day, even every experience is precious to me because its one less I have left. As you might guess, I put no faith in claims of afterlife, but I am sure of THIS life, and intend to live it as fully as I can, and encourage others to do the same. 

If there is an afterlife, great, but I won't cheapen this life by staking my hope on it. This post was edited by Don Barzini at September 27, 2017 6:01 AM MDT
      September 26, 2017 4:34 PM MDT

Like You Don, I believe in life before death, I'll worry about the other crap when and if it happens.
      September 26, 2017 6:12 PM MDT

Hi Don B! For as long as I can remember I have always been ACTIVELY grateful and appreciative for my life. Every day in every way. I also have a hunch that if I am not grateful or take things for granted it will all be taken away from me and given to someone who  WILL appreciate it. Whether there is an afterlife or not matters not to me. I do have a "druther". It would be that after death we are all still together but there is no hate or pain or war or lies or betrayals or cruelty. We still have disagreements and discuss them cordially, calmly and logically. Wouldn't that be loverly? But that is a "druther" and I don't really spend any time on that at all. I do wish our current world were  not as crazy nuts as it is. I do wish Dotard Donald John were somewhere far away in a cornfield living out his life as he wished without having any impact at all on me or anyone else. I wake up each day wondering if we are at war. I kid you not. I have NEVER done that before. During JFK's time it got close vis a vis Russia's missiles in Cuba and we did have a few days where we didn't know if war would break out. SIGH. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Wednesday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 27, 2017 6:00 AM MDT
      September 27, 2017 3:48 AM MDT

As much as I love life, I don't love the current world full of problems and misery. I live and look to a much better world without none of the worries I face in the present. (1john 2:15-17)
      September 30, 2017 12:02 AM MDT