Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » A few medical marijuana questions coming from me: Why do you think it has been approved and being legalized so often state-by-state?

A few medical marijuana questions coming from me: Why do you think it has been approved and being legalized so often state-by-state?

Because IT WORKS.   (hint)

Posted - September 30, 2017

Responses

You just answered my answer. Because it WORKS and doctors know it. 

Image result for funny gifs of people clapping
      September 30, 2017 1:24 PM MDT

Does it cause a sex change?
      September 30, 2017 3:09 PM MDT

Not really. People vote for either medicinal / recreational marijuana for a lot of reasons:
    They want to get high legally
    They think it's no worse than alcohol and that's legal
    They want less government oversight / don't care what people do in their own homes
    They think people do it anyway, so it should be taxed like tobacco 
    They, personally, want to monetize it
    They want more research done 
    They don't want the gov't telling them they can't try it when other meds fail
    They believe it has medicinal value
    (and more... I'm sure I forgot some)

September 30, 2017 3:29 PM MDT

• People only get to vote on it out West. That's why it started out there.  Most rest of the country citizens can't get initiatives on ballots and or vote on them.  
    That's why it took a place like NYS so long and while techically has it, is so over regulated, expensive,  and convoluted few qualify and thos that do have little legal options to get it and is very very hard and expensive to get approved.
      October 1, 2017 1:21 AM MDT

not sure why but i wish the people in my building who are doing medical marijuana would take it outside instead of smoking it inside
      September 30, 2017 3:57 PM MDT

• It working doesn't have chit to do with it.  Politicians don't care about that.

Money and votes.  That's it
      October 1, 2017 1:14 AM MDT

Is the pain-killer actually the "marijuana" of the drug - i.e. the active constituent that makes it a so-called "recreational" drug - or is the analgesic really a separate compound naturally bundled with it? 
      October 6, 2017 4:48 PM MDT