Discussion » Questions » Music » Do you have any good stories about Exes?

Do you have any good stories about Exes?

I'm bored.  Tell me some good stories.  Whisper them into my ear.  As usual, I promise not to tell a soul. ;-)

Posted - September 30, 2017

Responses

My ex-wife was considered by my kids to be "poor white trash."   (I'm not sure exactly what that phrase means, but suffice it to say they agreed with me about what a great person she was---not.)

This is really a story about me, but I confess---I LOVE this story." 

About six months after after she died a few years ago, there was a picture on one of the science magazines that showed a picture of a skull with image of a human face being built over it.  The image was incomplete and did not have the "pins" they use in building the replica of the person.  The primary impression was that of the skull---about 60/40.

I went around to some of my friends and said, "You know, my ex-wife died about 2 years ago  (and I was frequently given condolences once I said that), but I continued and said, "So you can imagine how comforting it is to me to finally have obtained a recent picture of her"---at which point I showed them the magazine cover."

That was 3 or 4 years ago, but I still laugh every time I think about having done that and getting the reactions I got.
      September 30, 2017 8:23 PM MDT

I can imagine. 
      September 30, 2017 9:23 PM MDT

Remind me not to get on your bad side again. ;-)  
      September 30, 2017 10:27 PM MDT

Don't worry, she was one of a kind (I hope).

Married me just to get out of the house.  promiscuous---had an affair with my best man, many others, and also with the divorce lawyer.  Turned out the best man gave my son the nickname that he still goes by.

Just bought a new house and had a decorator furnish it.  Asked for a divorce about 2 months later.  One child we both wanted.  5 years later She had just gotten some shot after which the doctor said do not get pregnant for 4 months.  She had already gone off the pill because she wanted another kid and didn't tell me.  Pregnant 1 month later. No concern for either me or the kid.  Never was confident for years that it was mine.

Wound up married 4 more times I think.  Total of 5 or 6 more kids with 4 husbands.  Last husband was dying of stomach cancer.  She was pregnant at the time with his kid and told my oldest son that "Joe" her husband would be reincarnated in the child she was carrying.

(My oldest boy and I both were highly amused when she miscarried shortly after "Joe" actually died.)

---All of which reminds me that I want to buy and read the book, "The Psychopath Next Door."

When they made her, they dropped the mold---and apparently she was still in it.

This post was edited by tom jackson at October 1, 2017 5:36 PM MDT
      October 1, 2017 3:24 PM MDT