Active Now

DannyPetti
Element 99
Slartibartfast
Randy D
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Let me get this straight. If you talk about race you're racist and if you never talk about it all you're not. Is that how you see it? Why?

Let me get this straight. If you talk about race you're racist and if you never talk about it all you're not. Is that how you see it? Why?

Posted - October 1, 2017

Responses

Nah not that way I suppose.. It should be derived from person's thoughts!
      October 1, 2017 3:44 AM MDT

Some folks dislike talking about it, They want it buried under the rug. They live it. They ARE IT. But talking about it is not their cuppa tea. Well too bad for them. It is a fact of our lives. It is what WHITE racists, supremacists, nationalists are all about. The KKK, skinheads, militia groups ALT-RIGHT. Their core belief is their superiority over all those of color and Jews/Muslims of course. Sadly. Thank you for your reply Ritesh.
      October 1, 2017 3:48 AM MDT

You said it right Rosie as always!
      October 1, 2017 3:51 AM MDT

no, its a lot more complicated than that
      October 1, 2017 5:32 PM MDT

If everything a person sees is tied under race somehow....yes that person is racist.  
    If a person treats another person differently because of their skin color....they are racist.  
      October 4, 2017 6:04 AM MDT

• What if I have close and trusted friends of different races and ethnicities; but I refuse to marry one of a race or ethnicity or community other than mine. Would that make me racist? 
      October 11, 2017 9:21 AM MDT

No, it just means you are attracted to people who look similar to you. And it could also mean that you are perhaps thinking of the struggles of being in a interracial relationship and what it may mean if there are children involved later. 
      October 11, 2017 11:26 AM MDT

Either way you are racist if you are doing it for racist reasons.
      October 4, 2017 5:34 PM MDT

• The 1998 movie The Wedding (with Halle Berry) deals with racism in a very novel way. Here's the YouTube link. 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NxIlaJJzyq0 
      October 4, 2017 5:40 PM MDT

Guess some people believe that. They think everyone should pretend race doesn't exist. 
      October 11, 2017 6:21 AM MDT