Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » History » I wonder who came up with the firm belief that being a white Christian male meant you were a SUPERIOR human being? Anyone know?

I wonder who came up with the firm belief that being a white Christian male meant you were a SUPERIOR human being? Anyone know?

People of color and women?  Second-class citizens to be used as they wished by the white  Christian men.

Posted - October 1, 2017

Responses

• I don't know what doctrine you subscribe to. I only know that where God's Spirit is, there is unity, hearts and minds are in one accord. God has never been the author of division, disorder or chaos. If His spirit does not dwell within us, neither will the fruits of the spirit be found. There will be no love, peace and understanding without His leadership. If we're coming up short, then it's time to check our relationship with God. Now, I have no idea who came up with the firm belief you refer to, but it seems that such an attitude is outside the will of God and is contrary to His word. I say this as a white Christian male who has sinned and fallen short of the glory of God on a number of occasions. I've had the opportunity to share worship services and prayer services with "people of color" as you put it and have been richly blessed on those occasions. 
      October 1, 2017 6:31 AM MDT

If such an ideal exists, it would be at the behest of some sect of narrow minded white Christian men. 
      October 1, 2017 6:44 AM MDT

A white racist who claims to be a Christian....because a true Christian cannot be racist.
      October 1, 2017 7:02 AM MDT

have no idea
      October 1, 2017 4:56 PM MDT

• I think the belief of white superiority over coloureds started with colonisation followed by the onset of the industrial Revolution, when the more militarily advanced Western countries subjugated and enslaved the weaker peoples in other continents, and imposed their lifestyles and beliefs on the "savages" they had conquered.
    As for superrority of males over females, such chauvinism has always existed in all societies. It was the law of the jungle: Might is right. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 1, 2017 5:29 PM MDT
      October 1, 2017 5:23 PM MDT

Truly sad that there are certain so called "Christian"  churches that advocate white supremacy.
      October 1, 2017 9:03 PM MDT

I don't get how that is remotely possible Autumn. Yet they exist. How many of them there are I don't know. But there is something very wrong with folks like that who fancy themselves "Christian" and actively hate other people. Very wrong. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 2, 2017 2:44 AM MDT