Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Per Najja Parker in the Atlantic Journal Constitution 9/30/2017 article...loss of sense of smell may be tied to Dementia.

Per Najja Parker in the Atlantic Journal Constitution 9/30/2017 article...loss of sense of smell may be tied to Dementia.

Scents that were tested were peppermint, fish, orange, rose, leather.  If you could only identify 1 or 2 of those scents you were more likely to get Dementia. Now there are other causes of loss of sense of smell course. But it could be an indicator of what may be ahead. Interesting or scary?

Posted - October 1, 2017

Responses

Interesting and scary.  One of the scents that's supposed to be one of the biggest giveaways is peanut butter.  If you can't smell that, you're in really big trouble.  I open my jar of peanut better at least once a week. :)
      October 1, 2017 11:14 AM MDT

Thank you for the additional info Spunky. I shall do that too. I expect that Dementia in any of its forms is what we all fear the most as we age. Right now there is no cure but I hope one day there will be. It's too scary to think of living for any length of time not being aware of who is there, whom you are, what is going on. Without memory do you exist at all? :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 2, 2017 11:40 AM MDT
      October 2, 2017 3:15 AM MDT

I agree that it is one of the few things that really frighten me, but I have no control over it, so I can't let it control my life.  Without memory, you live only in the moment.  Happy Monday. :)
      October 2, 2017 11:41 AM MDT

never heard of that but it makes sense
      October 1, 2017 3:30 PM MDT