Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » History » Experience changes you. What did LAS VEGAS represent to you a week ago? What replaced it? In the long term is Las Vegas no long shinybright?

Experience changes you. What did LAS VEGAS represent to you a week ago? What replaced it? In the long term is Las Vegas no long shinybright?

Posted - October 3, 2017

Responses

Nothing has changed, it's still Babylon. A haven for thieves.
      October 3, 2017 3:43 PM MDT

I haven't been to Las Vegas for many years but when my sis and brother-in-law lived near me we'd go there on occasion. It was about 250 miles away from us at that time. I would allow myself $20 to pi ** away gambling. What I loved most  was two-fold. I'm a really good people-watcher and I'm also a Foodie. My favorite place food-wise was the RIO Hotel. Now this was many years ago . We'd start off there for breakfast. They had multiple food stations serving different cuisines. My sis and brother-in-law had proper breakfasts. Mine was THREE TAMALES every morning! I kid you not! I LOVE tamales and the idea that I could have' em for breakfast at 7am tickled me no end. Just the ambiance of the place was exciting. It was a great place to visit. Of course doing things with my sister and brother-in-law was always so much fun it didn't matter where or when or what we did. Thank you for your reply Sbf! :)
      October 4, 2017 2:06 AM MDT

Nothing has changed regarding my opinion of Vegas. I hated it before and I hate it now. The shooting incident has NOTHING to do with that either.
      October 3, 2017 3:47 PM MDT

I have never been impressed with the glitter. All that glitters is not gold. Vegas is just another, and one of many modern Sodom and Gomorrahs. It represents the worst of what is wrong with this sick world. 
      October 3, 2017 11:04 PM MDT

I have very good memories of my visits there. Usually with my sister and brother-in-law when they lived close by. I never lost more than $20. That was my "throw-away" money budget. The food there was really good and I think you know I'm a foodie. I just enjoyed the excitement and watching all the people. Not an environment I'd enjoy 24/7 certainly but it was like going to an Amusement Park and watching the people enjoying the rides. It's been many years and I don't know what it's like now. It think it can be a very sad dangerous and empty place depending on what you choose to do. Whenever I was with my sister and brother-in-law we had fun. It wasn't where we were but that we were together. Thank you for your reply Autumn and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 4, 2017 2:11 AM MDT

I haven't been in Nevada for 40 years.  Vegas holds no thrill.
      October 3, 2017 11:45 PM MDT

I haven't been there for many years but I have very good memories of past times. Usually they were with my sister and brother-in-law and we always had fun wherever we were just because we were together. I'd have tamales for breakfast at the Rio Hotel at 7am. Now there aren't many places you can do that! Once on a nickel machine I won $285! We dined royally that day. I never lost more than $20. That was my gambling budget. I love to watch people. They come in such infinite varieties. Thank you for your reply  Shar and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 4, 2017 2:13 AM MDT