Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » There are some people that everyone seems to like/love. Nothing unkind ever said about them. Know anyone like that?

There are some people that everyone seems to like/love. Nothing unkind ever said about them. Know anyone like that?

Posted - October 3, 2017

Responses

If you're referring to the people here, yes, I've seen that numerous times.

You didn't ask why but I have a possible reason. I think the "popular" people have a small following and I don't think, even if they disagree with them, they want to risk the wrath that would ensue. 

October 3, 2017 12:28 PM MDT

Not necessarily limited to a specific location PC. Just in general. There are folks whose personalities seem to be very soothing. Non-confrontational. If they disagree with you they never say so. It isn't so much that they are phonies trying to be  what they aren't as that they just don't want to make waves or upset the apple-cart. Could be they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or be seen as an adversary. Of course you really never get to know the real person in his/her totality. These folks just show you what they need to of themselves to interact at a level they control.  I don't know if it is premeditated or authentic. By that I mean do they think "if I say that he/she will get angry" or do they instinctively know what not to say? Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      October 4, 2017 2:27 AM MDT

D J Trump!
      October 3, 2017 12:42 PM MDT

yes, ive known people like that
      October 3, 2017 4:54 PM MDT

My boss is like that.  I've worked with him for more than 26 years and I've never heard anyone have a bad word to say about him.
      October 4, 2017 9:23 AM MDT

It could be that he was a very good boss. Orrrr, the employees that didn't like him kept their bad mouthing amongst themselves. 
      October 4, 2017 9:29 AM MDT

He is a very good boss and a very good human being.  There isn't an associate in the office that doesn't want to work with him on any transaction because he is patient and believes in mentoring them.  He treats everyone the same whether they work in the mailroom or the board room.
      October 4, 2017 1:11 PM MDT