Active Now

Slartibartfast
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Do you get along better with your gender or the opposite gender? Why is that?

Do you get along better with your gender or the opposite gender? Why is that?

Posted - October 5, 2017

Responses

I like guys, but I'm more shy around them. I suppose I get along best with tomboys since I feel more comfortable around other girls who just act more like dudes.
      October 5, 2017 8:42 AM MDT

I get along better with guys. Always have. From when I was a little kid. Thank you for your reply Patch and Happy Thursday. I was painfully shy as a child but it was around everyone not just gals. I felt closer to my dad than my mom so maybe that's how it got started!
      October 5, 2017 8:52 AM MDT

I prefer conversations with men because they don't talk about shoes and clothes.  I'm not into the girlie stuff, so when the gals in my office start each day talking about what they're wearing and where they bought it and what a great deal they got on it, I want to slit their throats.
      October 5, 2017 8:45 AM MDT

((hugs)) Ditto! When I was a kid after dinner with relatives I went with my dad to a back room and sat there quietly while he and my uncles played poker. That's when and where I learned how to play. The womenfolk were in the kitchen talking about husbands, clothes, kids. Boring. With a few exceptions my best friends are men. I have been told I think like a man. I just get along a lot better with them. Thank you for your reply Spunky. I think we could be sisters very easily. While we may not always  be on the same line we're usually on the same page in the same book. Saves a LOT of time having to "spain myself. :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 6, 2017 6:15 AM MDT
      October 5, 2017 8:49 AM MDT

I know what you mean.  I guess I'm just not that into the small talk that women towards which women generally gravitate.  We do agree on a lot of things. :)
      October 5, 2017 9:14 AM MDT

Yep we do. To my great personal joy! Sometimes I luck out big time being here m'dear. You are one of my lucky discoveries. I guess we discovered each other. I mean it has to be a two-way street. One-way streets usually lead to dead ends. I 'd sure miss you if you ever moved on. I'm just sayin'! Thank you for your reply Spunky! Again! :)
      October 6, 2017 5:07 AM MDT

Thanks, Rosie.  I feel the same way about you.  I'm not planning on going anywhere any time soon. :)
      October 6, 2017 10:15 AM MDT

Very cool m'dear. Very cool. So today in Hemet it will be 98! AARRGGHH. But next Saturday the weather forecast says it will be 77! That is going in the right direction. Autumn is our favorite time of year. It's a lot easier to enjoy when the temps reflect it! Jim plays golf today. Poor guy. It's gonna be hot. BUT he knows what next Saturday will bring! Politics-wise we don't have a clue what today will bring let alone a week from now do we Spunky?
    Living life on the edge not by design but due to circumstance.. SIGH.  :)
      October 7, 2017 4:26 AM MDT

It has warmed up here in NYC, too.  We're about 15 degrees warmer than we should be.  This is July weather and I can't wait until we get into the low 70s.  I'm more comfortable when it's cooler.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow and then another day or two of warm weather and then back to Fall.  Poor Jim - I wouldn't want to be outdoors in that heat. 

No, we don't know what politics will bring us next week although it's pretty safe to say it probably won't be anything you and I like.  :)
      October 7, 2017 10:44 AM MDT

We're Autumn folks too Spunky! Living in New York do you get to New England much to enjoy the spectacular fall foliage colors? Of course upstate New York ain't shabby in that regard! California is great. We love it. But years ago I lived in Massachusetts for 5 years. That's where my son was born. We lived close to  Walden Pond and though you couldn't go in the water then you could go there, spread a blanket on the ground and just admire the reflection of the color of the trees surrounding the pond. It was so calm, peaceful, beautiful. I enjoyed living there. I did not like n'oreasters, black ice or spraying for bugs in the summer. Nor did I like the rust that cars sustained due to salting of the ice so it would melt faster. But it was spectacularly beautiful. We lived in East Acton. I remember it well. Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      October 8, 2017 4:00 AM MDT

I have been to upstate New York many times and the fall foliage is spectacular.  Don't know if it compares to New England as I've not been up there, but it sure is pretty here.  I guess most people love the states in which they live.  I'll take a nor'easter any day over hurricanes, tornadoes, mudslides and earthquakes any day. :)  The Gulf Coast is taking a beating once again.  Bugs are found everywhere, so it's what you get used to and black ice surely isn't something Californians need to worry about.  I don't drive in that kind of weather. 
      October 8, 2017 10:48 AM MDT

They're usually the ones picking on the poor geeky girls, too (at least from my experience). Guys seem more accepting of the female outcasts.
      October 5, 2017 9:11 AM MDT

Pardon the interruption Patch but you know what? You are brilliant! I was/am geeky and never really fit in anywhere. I'm going to ask that question and attribute it to an Anwermugger pal. That nailed it for me. Thank you for your reply Patch and Happy Friday!  :)
      October 6, 2017 5:09 AM MDT

I try to avoid people if I can. If I must then it is about 50/50.
      October 5, 2017 8:55 AM MDT

Well m'dear since no one is holding a gun to your head I assume you WANT to be here. No one is holding a gun to your head, right? I'm gonna ask a question about geeky gals and I'd like to know what you think about it! Thank you for your reply Ele.
      October 6, 2017 5:10 AM MDT

All geeks are welcome...men or women.
      October 6, 2017 5:27 AM MDT

I know. I am one. Always have been.  You don't seem to mind too much. Thank you for your reply Ele. Are ya gonna answer the question I asked?
      October 6, 2017 6:00 AM MDT

I get along with the good-natured as a rule.

I seem to get on very well with gay men for some weird reason.   I guess they are down to earth and like women as a rule.  There is no sexual tension and I usually understand their tastes.  I like the music, I like the decor, I like the clothes, so I get them.

No these are not gay men.  These outfits were designed by Dolce and Garbanna, two gay men.  They know how to be creative.
      October 5, 2017 9:21 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Shar.
      October 6, 2017 6:00 AM MDT

Aren't clothing designers and hairdressers gay men as a rule?
      October 7, 2017 10:49 AM MDT

The people I get along with are of both genders. It doesn't seem to make a difference to me. 
      October 5, 2017 10:40 AM MDT

Oh no question men though would like to have more women friends.  But mostly they have been more situational and so often related to men.  But I love men and men are much more fun and interesting and helpful and nice and complimentary.  Women understand me better and sympathize I guess more automatically but tend to be more judgmental and competitive and tend to act like if you excel at something somehow you are taking it away from them. While men more want to see you do well.  But women it seems do often want you just to be on whatever level they are and not do better for yourself.  So it has always seemed. 
      October 6, 2017 6:11 AM MDT

The same gender actually Rosie as great minds think alike.....girls are not so aggressive or war like ...

We're not such an easy push over either....lol
      October 8, 2017 4:11 AM MDT