Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Do you have Hulu, Amazon or Netflix or do you have all three?

Do you have Hulu, Amazon or Netflix or do you have all three?

Posted - October 7, 2017

Responses

• I have all three. I don't have cable, so these are how I watch TV. 
      October 7, 2017 9:52 PM MDT

Netflix. We cut our cable imprisonment a year ago and switched to Netfix and Utube.  No commercials and it saves us over 350 dollars a month. Feels great to break away from the monopoly. ;)) 
      October 7, 2017 10:01 PM MDT

You paid $350 for cable TV?  I mean, wow..............
      October 7, 2017 10:03 PM MDT

Yup. We had the deluxe package deal. Some deal right. ;) 
      October 7, 2017 10:05 PM MDT

I stopped breathing for a few seconds when I read that.  Really, I didn't know a bill like that was possible.  Glad you survived that apparent hell.  ;)
      October 7, 2017 10:10 PM MDT

It was my late husbands fault, like most anything else. lol
    He wanted all the channels so he wouldnt miss any old cowboy shows. He ended up only using a couple of the channels. When he died, my son moved in and got rid of the high cost of contributing to a monopoly run my corrupt corporate interests. I dont miss the commercials either. ;) 
      October 7, 2017 10:13 PM MDT

Bless you.  I do understand the whole men and their toys thing.  When I was a kid I would hear wives say about their husbands, You can't live with them and you can't shoot them. I didn't understand that until many years later.  If we are going to make a home with one of that species, there are some things we just have to accept. 
      October 7, 2017 10:17 PM MDT

I know right. It didnt bother me so much because i never watch tv anyway. I just used to sit on my computer and go on QnA sites and keep him company. I tried to shoot him a couple of time, but he ducked. LOL
      October 7, 2017 10:19 PM MDT

Thrift, the word you seek is gender, not species.  The species is human, the exact same as the females.  

~
      October 7, 2017 10:30 PM MDT

I used Hulu when it was first created and it was great......................until Disney bought it.  Then it went to crap.   I have Netflix which is way more screen than I could watch in a few lifetimes.  Amazon is fast becoming an entity with which I am choosing to leave off of my list of places to spend my money.   I subscribe to Sling for $25/month during football season; there is no contract so you can start and stop it any time.    I also have a broadcast antenna that gives me 21 channels, most of which are of no use to me (Spanish and TV preaching).  But that gives me all of the broadcast networks.  So, for $10/month I have as much TV as I can stand and during football season it's $35/month.  Comcast was $130 and I never turned on the TV.  I got rid of that 2014.
      October 7, 2017 10:02 PM MDT

None of them..AT&T for TV and internet..!
      October 7, 2017 11:18 PM MDT

• "No" ... none of them.
      October 8, 2017 12:14 AM MDT

None of the above.
      October 8, 2017 7:19 AM MDT

None of them. I know Netflix is popular. I think I might be a rare breed but not sure. I see 2 other people here are in the same boat as me
      October 8, 2017 8:16 AM MDT

Just Netflix and Hulu. Netflix has been going downhill, unless you like their "original" content. Hulu has a lot more curent TV shows you can watch. It also seems that Netflix gets throttled more than Hulu. I can't even watch Netflix during "prime time" without it constantly buffering or going to a lower quality picture.

Hulu's new and "improved" interface for my Roku TV is terrible. I'm sure it kept many millennial app programmers at work for a few months and they'll get a few more months work from making updates and fixes to it. Maybe they'll even redesign it again because people are complaining. And this isn't just old people not being able to adapt. There are huge usuability issues with this Roku TV interface.

I am very old and still get DVD old discs through old people snail mail from DVD.com (a Netflix company) (Ha ha remember the Qwikster fiasco?). I have actually received discs from Netflix since they started. I helped put Blockbuster and Mom&Pop Video out of business. Although, I would still rent from stores too, so I"m not completely the devil. You could get really obscure titles from Netflix that weren't in the video rental stores.

So much like the rest of my life, I was apparently on the "cutting edge" when I didn't know it and now I don't even have stock in Netflix even though I helped those capitalist pigs get rich. I should really cancel.

Very rarely do I rent from Amazon, and I am resisting joining Amazon Prime. Of course an extra $99 for Bezos wouldn't help or hurt him in anyway. Isn't it great how no matter what, we humans have to let monopolies and Kings rise to the top? We are such sheep.

I also occassionally subscribe to Shudder, a "boutique" streaming service for horror movies. I think AMC owns them. It's ok. It is pretty cheap (for now) and I'll cancel and resubscribe a few times a year.

I probably watch YouTube more than anything. You know that channel?
      October 8, 2017 8:33 AM MDT

actually none of them
    do have
    standard definition (Not HD) basic cable
      October 8, 2017 9:03 AM MDT

I watch YT and Netflix on my smart TV. Nothing else is necessary. 
      October 8, 2017 4:29 PM MDT