Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Harvey Weinstein donated $1.42 million to Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign and more than $100k to the Clinton Foundation.

Harvey Weinstein donated $1.42 million to Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign and more than $100k to the Clinton Foundation.

Does that info affect your opinion of him or the Clintons, positively or negatively?

Posted - October 10, 2017

Responses

• It doesn't affect my opinion of Hillary Clinton at all.

I heard that Harvey Weinstein apparently assaulted women.

I heard Donald Trump was accused and likes to brag about having used his star power to grope women in the past.

I heard Bill Clinton let his White house intern perform sexual acts on him and he abused his power in that situation I'm sure.

None of these things are Hillary's fault in my opinion so it doesn't affect how think about her.
    Thanks.

October 10, 2017 6:19 PM MDT

Bless your heart.  
      October 10, 2017 8:04 PM MDT

I could not think less of the Clintons.  I don't care about this man Weinstein either.  I imagine there are Weinsteins all over the entertainment business.  So, stay out of that business.  Any time a woman claims to have been abused any longer than one month ago..................I don't want to hear it, and I don't believe it....automatically.
      October 10, 2017 7:43 PM MDT

Wow, abused any longer than one month ago and you don't want to hear it nor do you believe it. That's quite something.
      October 10, 2017 7:51 PM MDT

That's right, particularly when the accused is a wealthy man.  Women come out of the woodwork.  I never believe them.  They had an opportunity to bring charges at the time but they give reason as worry  about their career.  If they choose not to report then, that's it.  They chose a nasty business, which it is especially nasty when you get outside of the circle called local.  
      October 10, 2017 8:10 PM MDT

Yes, that can be the reason but there are other reasons as well. Who the heck would believe their word versus the word of one of the most powerful men in show business? But since they chose that business, it's okay to blame the victim? Because what, they asked for it?

But perhaps more than the issue at hand, I'm struck by and sorry for whatever it is in your life that's left you so heartless toward other human beings.
      October 10, 2017 8:21 PM MDT

I believe Thriftymaid was questioning the veracity of the so-called victims.
      October 10, 2017 10:03 PM MDT

Everyone with power tries to buy political favoritism, somehow. And giving that money to Hil-LIAR-y sure beat the pants off of actually having to bed her, probably thinks he got off cheap. (Just ask Bill!); but I digress . . .

If someone takes a close look I'll bet they'll find that that organization managed to get somewhere close to that amount to the Republicans too to hedge their bets. That's just politics. 

As to the women that old Harv allegedly browbeat into sleeping with him . . . if the Statute of Limitations hasn't run out yet then by all means bring him up on criminal charges. But I'm betting that's not going to happen because in a lot of the alleged cases it was probably  quid-pro-quo with buyers remorse after the fact (or knowing a good law-suite target with deep pockets). The cases would fall apart once the plaintiffs took the witness stand. After all, the casting couch isn't a new design from Jennifer or Haverty's. This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at October 11, 2017 2:22 AM MDT
      October 10, 2017 9:56 PM MDT