Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Why not pass a bill covering infrastructure repair and put people to work? THEN tackle tax reform. What's wrong with THAT?

Why not pass a bill covering infrastructure repair and put people to work? THEN tackle tax reform. What's wrong with THAT?

Posted - October 17, 2017

Responses

OMG this is a real sore spot with me!!!!

all these years, all these so-called 'educated, savvy politicians' and no one ever considered that SOME MONEY MUST be set aside for our infrastructure..........but you know, outta sight outta mind was their motto..

so now we pay the price......all of us in one way or another!!!...........I was so excited when Obama said 'shovel ready jobs'.....well, turned out they were shovel bulls**t!!!

but no, that's politicians for you......I'm so afraid of what may happen in even the near future if infrastructure issues are not addressed!!!

but we shall see............. This post was edited by Just Asking at October 18, 2017 4:02 AM MDT
      October 17, 2017 9:33 AM MDT

Does it bother you that government doesn't insure any of its buildings?  And how do you "set money aside" when you run a budget deficit?
      October 17, 2017 10:31 AM MDT

It's called "self-insuring". Many major corporations do the same thing.

Good point about setting money aside though.
      October 18, 2017 6:54 AM MDT

Thanks,  I did know about "self insuring"----I very seldom post regarding anything I don't already know something about.
      October 18, 2017 12:42 PM MDT

In California we have been waiting for THE BIG ONE (earthquake) for years. Bridges will collapse and maybe folks on them will die. Newer  buildings are built to code but old ones? Not a chance they would survive. Our roads are so bad it is not pleasurable driving on many of them. But there will be tax cuts with the money given to the obscenely wealthy who need it like another hole in the head but they are deserate for it. Go figger! Thank you for your reply ben and Happy Wednesday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 18, 2017 4:04 AM MDT
      October 18, 2017 4:04 AM MDT

But it will open up some prime ocean-front property in western Nevada.

As to your roads . . . you can thank your politicians for mis-directing funding that was originally designated for road repair and maintenance. Sounds like no one's brother-in-law owned a road construction company during those years. Money probably went to the care and feeding of illegals so that you could pay a nickel less for a head of crappy lettuce at Von's. 
      October 18, 2017 6:58 AM MDT

Pffftttt . . . ALREADY been done.

There were more "shovel-ready" jobs just waiting to be filled than you could poke a stick at back when Obummer was trying to con the American people out of the 787-billion dollar stimulus "package"  back in 2009, or so. Where did all THAT money go? Why, it ended up "constructing" the bank accounts of Obummer's campaign contributors, of course. And the US taxpayer is STILL on the hook for it, plus interest, because it was all borrowed and added to the national debt (anyone have a spare 20 trillion dollars stuffed into the mattress they could cover that with?).
      October 17, 2017 6:37 PM MDT