Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What emotion do you feel with rape of Caitlan Coleman wife of Joshua Boyle and murder of baby by Taliban Haqqani network?

What emotion do you feel with rape of Caitlan Coleman wife of Joshua Boyle and murder of baby by Taliban Haqqani network?

I haven't seen a discussion about this on Answermug so moderators can merge if they like if there is already one.

That poor girl is obviously traumatized and is truly a victim. I don't think that she can possibly get over it during this life.
The perpetrators are horrible people.
Caitlans father is upset at Joshua for taking his daughter to a dangerous area. In my opinion, if he wanted to go to a dangerous war torn area, he should have done that before he had another life to be responsible for. Naivety, stupidity, carelessness, ...

https://abcnews.go.com/International/family-freed-captivity-afghanistan-arrives-canada/story?id=50475090

Posted - October 18, 2017

Responses

I wonder what they were doing there in the first place.  Its like someone going to North Korea, why?
    Stay away from any place that is dangerous, you are asking for trouble. I can't imagine a man taking his pregnant wife to such a dangerous area, or her agreeing to go, it is crazy!
    To add insanity to insanity they "decided" to have more children and "start their big family."  While in captivity? 
    Are they totally off their rocker?  Those poor children, what a horrible start in life.  They are abusers in my opinion. 
    This post was edited by Sunshine at October 18, 2017 6:38 AM MDT
      October 18, 2017 5:33 AM MDT

Exactly. He even said in the interview in the link that No NGO, No Aid Worker, no Government has ever been successfully able to bring the necessary help. That should have been a clue that no young whippersnapper with a 7 month pregnant girlfriend would be better qualified.

Recent articles state that he wanted to do humanitarian work there. An article I read a few days ago stated that he had a fascination with Islamic Terrorism and that he had married the sister of an Islamic terrorist. From the expression on her face, or lack thereof, I don't think that she was making the best of it by having children, how can they even know that they are his kids? I think that she may have been emotionally detached for some years. I can't imagine her wanting to bring kids in to that environment. 

October 18, 2017 6:50 AM MDT

Some people are just naive and think nothing will ever happen to me.
    Many people don't grow up until they become parents. 
      October 18, 2017 6:00 AM MDT

True, or until after their kids grow up.
      October 18, 2017 6:51 AM MDT

And some never grow up.
      October 18, 2017 6:54 AM MDT

True that. 
      October 18, 2017 7:12 AM MDT

WHo cares?

This happens every minute of every day somewhere.

What do you think about the fact that 10 kids saved 10 lives today?

What do you think about the fact that someone found a cure for a dread disease today?

What do you think about the fact that life is filled with every act imaginable and we learn that about age 5?

October 18, 2017 9:54 AM MDT

I care. Is that okay?
    Is it really this question that bothers you or just the fact that it was asked by me and you cannot stand the fact that I have a belief in the Bible as evidenced by your rants you go on when I post a scripture?

Believe it or not, some people do care about what happens to others.
    You are free to ignore my questions. 
      October 19, 2017 6:49 AM MDT

CNN Says this:
    "Boyle did not say whether the militants killed a child, only that his captors were responsible for "authorizing the murder" of his infant daughter."

The link you gave says:
    "The Taliban in a statement on Sunday denied Boyle's claims. It said the couple's infant child died from natural causes due to lack of access to a doctor and medical facilities before her birth."

So, what all signs point to is that the mom was pregnant with their first child while they were out on this massive hiking excursion, and they were intentionally visiting undeveloped areas. There does not appear to be a murder. The baby needed medical attention she couldn't get. How much of that was the captors intentionally withholding treatment and how much of that was because there was no medical treatment available, nobody knows at this point.

To be blunt, I'm really skeptical of their whole story. They had several children while being held. So, if you're being held captive, and you're afraid for your safety, are you really going to be having sex with your spouse? Moreover, if you had one child die from lack of medical care, are you going to make more children? I guess I can only speak for myself, but I am about 99.99% certain, I'm not going to have sex with my spouse while being held against my will and fearing for my safety, and, on the off chance I do... that 0.01% chance... I'm going to make damn sure I don't get pregnant... let alone three times. In five years. 

Was she raped? I don't know. I'm usually the first to step in and defend rape victims, but there are some serious pieces missing from their story. And, if a baby dying from lack of medical treatment- in an environment THEY put the pregnant mother and baby in- I'd venture to guess they also have a wide definition for what constitutes rape as well.
      October 18, 2017 6:55 PM MDT

I am skeptical of Boyle myself, something don't seem right about him. Every photo that I have seen of them in captivity and after, Caitlan Coleman looks somewhat traumatized to me. As I said to Sunshine: 'I don't think that she was making the best of it by having children, how can they even know that they are his kids? I think that she may have been emotionally detached for some years. I can't imagine her wanting to bring kids in to that environment.'
    If they were held captive for 5 years and they were being transported in the trunk of a car when the Pakistani soldiers encountered them as reported, I have to disagree with 'if a baby dying from lack of medical treatment- in an environment THEY put the pregnant mother and baby in'. Their first child possibly if there was no way to medical care where they were before captivity but other kids over the years in captivity falls on the shoulders of the captors and their accomplices, and somewhat on Boyle for putting them at risk in the first place.

This post was edited by texasescimo at October 19, 2017 10:04 PM MDT
      October 19, 2017 2:41 AM MDT

Totally irresponsible move, to go visit such a dangerous country. He deliberately and calliously put the welfare of his family in serious danger.
      October 18, 2017 11:55 PM MDT